cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enable COMBINED SHIPPING , it's not happening - ?

I'm in Managed Payments using Seller Hub and can't find where to tell eBay to combine shipping.  It worked previously but in this round of sales, I had THREE auction buyers buy two items each and NONE were combined.  Is this a glitch?  But I can't find anywhere (used to be in "Seller Preferences") to TELL eBay to use combined shipping.  THANK YOU, help is GREATLY APPRECIATED. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@timestreasuresllc 

When you turn on "Accept combined payments", the buyer will be able to request a combined invoice from the cart, prior to paying.  As stated, the 4-day countdown for filing an unpaid item cancellation begins when an invoice is sent, and starts over again if a followup invoice is sent. 

However, if you already had this working, then you may be dealing with eBay's autopay requirement for bidding. That features was being tested for 6 months, and then it went away.  Perhaps some artifact, or a new test, is enabled on your account.

If your buyers have already paid, or are unable to request a combined invoice, you can certainly refund the shipping overpayment after you ship.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

this is not good you cannot even ask question

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

As a seller you don't want to combine...or rather send an invoice...eBay usually does that for auctions.

Every time you send an invoice it will take another day of the 4 days to cancel the auctions for non-payment.

Buyers can just pay and you can just do a combined shipping refund. Some new combined shipping of some sort has been a problem for me as well. I had to refund 3 buyers combine shipping due to the problem.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

To set up combined payments you need to go to your Account settings. Once there you can click on Shipping Preferences. Then find combined payments.

IMG_1450.jpeg

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@ea_mram_ovb2tkiopy 

@ea_mram_ovb2tkiopy wrote:

this is not good you cannot even ask question

You haven't asked a question. 
But when you do you should create your own thread to avoid confusion. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@timestreasuresllc 

When you turn on "Accept combined payments", the buyer will be able to request a combined invoice from the cart, prior to paying.  As stated, the 4-day countdown for filing an unpaid item cancellation begins when an invoice is sent, and starts over again if a followup invoice is sent. 

However, if you already had this working, then you may be dealing with eBay's autopay requirement for bidding. That features was being tested for 6 months, and then it went away.  Perhaps some artifact, or a new test, is enabled on your account.

If your buyers have already paid, or are unable to request a combined invoice, you can certainly refund the shipping overpayment after you ship.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you so much.  A long time ago I was able to find and set up combined payments. I have trouble getting around in Seller Hub.  THANK YOU !!!!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you - it is strange that just today suddenly this happened with 3 buyers.  Always worked before ! I never thought about autopay ... what I did today was just use the same tracking number for both items, combined the items, and sent a refund for postage overpayment.  Such a lot of UNNECESSARY work !! I think I will ask at least one of the buyers what he's doing - ! If he's not asking for combine, maybe paying immediately - so that is a problem. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I am not a large or frequent enough seller to notice testing.  It's suspicious!  I DID finally get to where I needed to tell eBay combined shipping and it is already done - and it's been working fine until today - I checked (after I finally found the setting ) and it is enabled; just like always . 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply