cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Bulk CSV

Have a question about the CSV for bulk listings. My template for sports cards was working just fine a few days ago. But today, I get hit with this:

Error Code 37: Error - Input data for tag <Item.ListingType> is invalid or missing. Please check API documentation.|Item.ListingType|

I'm not even sure what ListingType is. I have GTC as the duration and Fixed Price for the format.

Hopefully it's not a big structural change. I've checked the API and the PDF documentation, but neither seems to list ListingType in the instructions. Didn't have to use it last week.

So it's really a mystery if I need to add a new column. Nowhere in the current template available for download is "Listing" even in a column. There's a C:Type, but I deleted that last week and it was fine without it. Put it back in today (but unsure of the values it would use for each item) and that didn't solve the issue.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Help with Bulk CSV

I believe ListingType in the API translates to Format in the CSV world. So you're on the right track. Do you have a space between "Fixed Price" in your format column, the way you typed it above? I might NEED to be camelcase FixedPrice or at least have no space. At least that's how it was in the File Exchange days. 

Annie

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Help with Bulk CSV

Help with Bulk CSV

@sp-footballcards 

To confirm the advice by @cordeliaflyte, ListingType=Format and the value for Format in your CSV file is FixedPrice (all one word).

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Help with Bulk CSV

Adding a column with ListingType and then all of my rows filled with FixedPriceItem worked. Thanks

Message 5 of 5
latest reply