cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Exchange Errors

I am using the template on Ebay. However, I am getting the following ERROR Failure

Is there a new template?

"Warning - Seller Profiles will soon be mandatory while creating a new listing. Support for Legacy Shipping, Payment and Returns fields will be going away for business policies opted in sellers.||Warning - This selling account is enabled for payments managed by eBay. PayPal is not currently accepted as a payment method and has been removed from the listing.|PayPal||Error - At least one valid shipping service must be specified.||Error - The shipping rate table was not found for this site. A shipping rate table must be configured on the eBay website before it can be applied to a listing.|"

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

File Exchange Errors

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lemieuxsgreatfinds03 wrote:

I am using the template on Ebay. However, I am getting the following ERROR Failure

Is there a new template?

"Warning - Seller Profiles will soon be mandatory while creating a new listing. Support for Legacy Shipping, Payment and Returns fields will be going away for business policies opted in sellers.||Warning - This selling account is enabled for payments managed by eBay. PayPal is not currently accepted as a payment method and has been removed from the listing.|PayPal||Error - At least one valid shipping service must be specified.||Error - The shipping rate table was not found for this site. A shipping rate table must be configured on the eBay website before it can be applied to a listing.|"

Hello @lemieuxsgreatfinds03,

Thank you for your post. The warning messages you can ignore, they are informational only. The first warning is referencing our Business Policies tool, which is another way to manage Shipping, Payment, and Returns information, but is not required. The second is merely letting you know that payments will go through our Managed Payments program, instead of directly through PayPal, so it's ignoring the PayPal information provided.

The error that needs to be addressed is that there is shipping rate table information present on the file, that is either invalid, or doesn't exist on your account. Please ensure that if you have rate tables setup on the account on this page: https://www.ebay.com/ship/rt. If you do not intend to use those, please use only the standard shipping columns.

Hope this helps! 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

File Exchange Errors

I see that @Anonymous  answered your question while I was copying content from the user manual, but I'll go ahead and post what I've gathered.

@lemieuxsgreatfinds03 

The three columns near the right end of the File Exchange template are for the names of your business policies for shipping, payment, and returns. If you are using Business policies, be sure your policy names are added to those columns. The other columns that would have been used for shipping, payment, and returns can be eliminated -- except if you have a calculated shipping policy where dimensions and weight must be included.

The PayPal columns are not supported by Managed Payments. The warning appears to say that leaving PayPal in place is OK and that eBay will remove it during listing.

If you are not using Business Policies, then the missing shipping service and related columns must be populated. For calculated shipping, these are some of the columns you might need (refer to the manual for all available options):

PackageType                          > USPSLargePack (or PackageThickEnvelope)

ShippingType                          > Calculated

ShippingService-1:Option    > USPSStandardPost

ShippingService-2:Option   > USPSPriority
DispatchTimeMax    

ShipFromZipCode

WeightMajor
WeightMinor
PackageDepth
PackageLength
PackageWidth

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

File Exchange Errors

Do I put anything in the shipping fields?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

File Exchange Errors

I uploaded what I have so far

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

File Exchange Errors

I uploaded what I have so far

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

File Exchange Errors

@lemieuxsgreatfinds03 

If you are not using "policies", then yes, you need to fill in all the columns for shipping and returns. See my post for the column headings you should populate for shipping.

I also recommend that you just select one or two lines for your first upload. When you have a large upload file, you can quickly run through your 5K daily row limit by uploading large files that are failures. Better to start small so that you'll have more retries available during each day.

In addition to the basic template that you are using, please look at the File Exchange category templates for your categories. The category templates will include the "item specifics" fields for your chosen categories (sort your basic template by category to make this easier). In many cases, related categories will have similar fields, and you can always return to your listings later and provide the item specifics, either manually or through a File Exchange revision. If the item specifics are not included in your listings, your listings may not appear in search.

To help with testing, an alternative to the Action verb "Add" is a verb called "VerifyAdd". This allows you to test your uploads without actually listing any items. It's a better method for running through all the error messages and for adding and testing more columns for your item specifics as you work your way through the required fields.  The uploads will still count against your daily 5K row limit, but will allow you to test without worrying about listing any items during the learning phase.  When all the errors are addressed, you can change the verb to "Add" and confidently upload your listings.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

File Exchange Errors

Can you email me a filled in sample. I cannot get it to work. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

File Exchange Errors

@lemieuxsgreatfinds03 

What error messages are you receiving now?

As you resolve past errors, File Exchange will get to the next error.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

File Exchange Errors

Please look at the templates, I do not think they are correct. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

File Exchange Errors

Before you can list this item we need some additional information to create a seller's account.Support for Legacy Shipping, Payment and Returns fields will be going away for business policies opted in sellers. Funds from your sales may be unavailable and show as on hold for a period of time

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

File Exchange Errors

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply