cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk edit revision tool not working for me

I'm trying to remove a specific phrase that I have in multiple listings.

I have tried putting regular text and html in the 'find' field.

I have tried leaving the 'replace with' blank and with a space. It never works. I pretty dang sure I'm doing everything correct.

It always ends with "Item description updated in 0 of x drafts."

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Bulk edit revision tool not working for me

I think I finally figured it out. I had a spot with multiple spaces. I think the revision tool does not like more than one space back to back. I'm still experimenting but I think this is the solution... take out the extra spaces.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Update to my update: Still not the whole thing. Special characters (anything other than letters or numbers) also seem to be a problem. I would still love a solution or at least an explanation as to the reason it's so complicated and not user friendly.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@dalrph94 
eBay's newer bulk find/replace tool can only work with plain text. The older tool could edit HTML and that tool was far superior.  I don't know why eBay took away the HTML version of the tool and replaced it with the plain text version, when, as you know, there can be all sorts of underlying codes that break up plain text.

Have you tried copying directly from your listing and pasting into the tool? You may have to bulk edit multiple times to get all versions of the text. Or, if you have a significant number of listings, I can help you use an online bulk tool that will create a revision spreadsheet for eBay.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I was finally able to fix everything. Some of the listings I was trying to adjust were really old. I am going forward being very conscious to keep everything in Arial 14 pt font and hopefully can avoid this in the future. Thanks for the reply. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply