cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Turbo Lister Replacement??

Hi - Yes, I obviously have not been active on Ebay for some time now, but have a pile of items to get me back to it.  I loved Turbo Lister mostly because I could prepare my listings offline, in bulk, and then upload them to ebay (and it was free).  Now there are so many 3rd party tools out there that I am getting overwhelmed and can't seem to figure things out.
What is the most like Turbo Lister, that especially has the desktop (offline preparation) feature?

And are there any free ones?  I don't list enough to pay that much - might as well just donate stuff!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Best Turbo Lister Replacement??

I have also been searching for a  free replacement for turbo lister. The main reason I used turbo lister is because it saved my listing forever. I sell mostly used items and it get another of the same item years after the original one ended I could just go back to the one I had in turbo lister on relist it. The picture are not as important as the description because I would want new pictures of the actual item.

For me the replacement may already be in ebay. Since I get 1000 free fixed priced listing in my ebay store, I could save listing as out of stock items. The problem is I would have hundreds of out of stock items mixed in with my auctions and in stock items.

My problem would be solved if ebay would create a view that shows only in stock item. It seams like it would be a simple thing for ebay to do, but I do not know who to lobby at ebay to get this done.

Is there any way I can I create an items in stock only view of status. So would only see my auctions and fixed price listing that have 1 or more items in stock. I see in Manage active listings there is a section called All Statuses. Under All Statuses there are about 13 statuses or views listes including Out of Stock items but not one for in stock items.

Is there any way I can create an in stock item only status.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The "most like Turbo Lister" would be SixBit. It is subscription based.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@usedcomputersdotorg wrote:

I have also been searching for a  free replacement for turbo lister.

@usedcomputersdotorg 

Unlike web-based applications, that can can be updated weekly on the provider's server, desktop programs are more difficult to maintain due to changes in operating systems (or even in eBay's systems) that may require updates or patches that must be downloaded and re-installed on the computer.

There is no way to monetize or pay the programmer for all that work devoted to a desktop program. So "free" programs are either non-existent, or may contain a payload consisting of adware that can bring revenue back to the programmer. Programmers who do not want to add payloads to their products are the ones providing subscription or fee-based desktop programs.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I apologize in advance for my English, I do the translation through Google.

It may be convenient for you to see your product that is out of stock through the general list. If you mark the condition in the settings so that the listing with a zero quantity is not visible to the buyer, but  Remained in your general list of all active products. You can change the quantity in the active list to zero when you need to. You can sort items in the table by quantity. Those with zero The number will line up separately and you do not need to search among thousands of listings. I hope this will make your work easier while you are looking for solutions to the problem. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I have tried two different desktop based programs as I prefer that to web based so I can work on listings at my leisure. SixBit and Wonderlister have both been on my desktop at one time or another. I am a casual seller and wanted something easy to learn, easy to use and not so business oriented as I am selling off parts of my various personal collections - no replenishing stock, no reorder points, etc. 

I REALLY wanted to like Wonderlister the best as it seems to be a more versatile and power program and the cost is what I would feel comfortable paying for the  limited use I would get from infrequent listings. The learning curve for the program is much more than Sixbit and as such, I gave up on it fairly quickly. I just wish it had been more casual user friendly.

SixBit has more of a WYSISYG interface and graphically it is superior. There are parts of the program that I do not care for, but it is somewhat easier to wade through without spending a ton of time learning the nuances of the program. The monthly fee ruins this for me as I do not list often enough to justify the monthly fee.

Bottom line - WonderLister - inexpensive, steep learning curve, powerful database

- SixBit - more expensive, easier to learn, good database

Your results may vary depending on the amount of time that you have to devote to learning the programs and the ins and outs of how they operate and perhaps more importantly if you are using the program for business use instead of clearing out the attic and closets of your home.

I just wish I could find something easier that I could tailor a spreadsheet or csv file to upload and then tweak the results in a quick easy manner.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I guess you didn't check the date on this thread. March of 2022 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding

Message 8 of 8
latest reply