cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arg, TL wouldn't let me list a couple items with 14 day return policy

Listed 10 items tonight with my regular selling account. Turbo Lister wouldn't let me list two of them because of an invalid return policy.  (Attribute returnDescription Not Valid On This Site).  I have a 14 day no questions asked return policy. ALL of my items were in the collectibles category (comics and comic art) which doesn't require the new 30 day return policy. I had to change those two items to No Returns Allowed (although my auction descriptions state the 14 day policy.)  Very frustrating. Just another reason why I am listing more and more on Amazon and less and less on eBay.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@jonsgoodies wrote:

Listed 10 items tonight with my regular selling account. Turbo Lister wouldn't let me list two of them because of an invalid return policy.  (Attribute returnDescription Not Valid On This Site).  I have a 14 day no questions asked return policy. ALL of my items were in the collectibles category (comics and comic art) which doesn't require the new 30 day return policy. I had to change those two items to No Returns Allowed (although my auction descriptions state the 14 day policy.)  Very frustrating. Just another reason why I am listing more and more on Amazon and less and less on eBay.

@jonsgoodies-Thank you for posting on this Community Board Thread. The information of the error you provided is pretty unique.

There are two different types of messages/alerts that Turbo Lister will give. One will be an "Error" and another would be a "Warning". The message you are providing should be a "Warning" not an error. Warning messages are more informative, which doesn't prevent your Turbo Lister from uploading your listings. Initially, it should pause the upload process until you review the message, then you can "Upload All" again with the warning message and your listings should go through.

As for the message, I'm sorry for the confusion that it may cause. The message is not referencing that you can't use 14 days, it's informing you that our site no longer uses the "Return Description" fields anymore.

image.png

If you listings that you were trying to upload had any text in this field, you'll get the message about "Attribute returnDescription Not Valid On This Site".

With the updates on the site:

image.pngYou can see that the "Additional Details" for Return Options is no longer available.

I hope this helps. 

If the message you received is truly an error, please provide a screenshot for us to see the message.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay

eBay Support

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

mykal - The thing is ALL of my auctions were similarly setup, and only these two auctions (same category, same info in the policy details field) would not let me list them. In any event, I subsequently modified the auctions on-line to change them from no returns to my normal 14-day return policy. In the future, I will remove the text from this field (although I do state in the auction itself "return for any reason". ) Think I'll do a full reinstall of TL as well.

I appreciate the timely response.  (Posted this under my main seller account.)

Message 3 of 3
latest reply