cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please expound on the Global Shipping Program statement in Spring Update

In the update (eBay seller protections FAQs) I read, “In situations where the package is damaged because of severe weather or limitations of a shipping carrier of a developing nation, our Global Shipping Program protects you from feedback and other potential impacts that may affect your performance metrics. "

So if I ship to a non-developing company am I on the hook if the GSP forwarding company didn’t send it correctly / caused damage after arrival at the KY location? More details are needed before I make a final decision about opting out of the GSP for good.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@elverano wrote:

In the update (eBay seller protections FAQs) I read, “In situations where the package is damaged because of severe weather or limitations of a shipping carrier of a developing nation, our Global Shipping Program protects you from feedback and other potential impacts that may affect your performance metrics. "

So if I ship to a non-developing company am I on the hook if the GSP forwarding company didn’t send it correctly / caused damage after arrival at the KY location? More details are needed before I make a final decision about opting out of the GSP for good.

Thank you.

Elverano, 

eBay has provided several overlapping protections that protect you.   

When your shipment receives a carrier scan within your handling time, even if it arrives late, eBay will automatically adjust your late shipment rate, and remove associated feedback. This applies no matter where you ship, domestic or internationally. 

When you get the shipment safely to the US Global Shipping Program shipping center and the item is damaged or lost afterward you're protected from eBay Money Back Guarantee requests and negative and neutral feedback. 

If you ship to an emerging market, eBay protects you from feedback and other potential impacts that may affect your performance metrics.  

Thanks, 
CK 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you. That is a MUCH better answer than what is provided elsewhere. With changing definitions of basic policy terms on eBay, I would highly encourage you / them to include your explanation in the section I found the original quote in.

Again, many thanks.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply