cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returns ,

i read that ebay pays for the returns on ebay page, then another page on ebay say seller pays, i sold alot of stuff on ebay for years, i would get some ebays, that would change there mind and didnt want it after recieving it , or say something is wrong with it when there was nothing wrong with it , ebay always bills the seller with the expensive return fee, i even had on my ebay ad ((returns not accepted))) dosent matter still had to pay, not fare, buyer should pay, they clicked on the button to buy it , had alot of people, not thinking before click the button, seller shouldnt have to pay return shipping, if buyer changes his mind and doesnt want he should pay the expensive return fee, shipping is crazy expensive, it very wrong to charge the seller on the return shipping, i have had vintage item returned it was in the original package sealed  when shipped,never opened, when the person returned it , package was open value of it is gone,  i had to pay return shipping, total wrong buyer,  should pay, alot of buyer realize how expensive it is to accept returns. ebay needs to make buyer pay return fees, not seller . we pay out enough when selling alot of fees, shipping fees are crazy expensive, changes need to be made . this what keeps me for selling on ebay, they allow you to put ((( no returns accepted)) in ad but if buyer doesnt want it you have to accept return eat the return fee,need to hold the buyer responsable for it .the vintage item i got back was total loss, package was open by buy, total loss , plus they charged me the return fee, its great if you are the buyer, if ebay would change there return policy it would be great .amen

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: returns ,

eBay doesn’t pay for returns. Either the seller does or the buyer depends on what the return is for. 
If the seller offers free returns the seller pays even on remorse returns 
If the seller offers returns but the buyer pays, this is only for remorse returns. If the buyer files a not as described return the seller pays. 
Stating seller doesn’t offer returns does not mean no refunds as MBG supersedes the sellers return policy. 

ETA…. paragraphs go a long way in being able to read that wall of text.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You might want to read on how returns work.Manage returns, missing items, and refunds for sellers.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Have you just recently noticed how returns work on eBay after having been here for quite awhile?

What brought this to your attention suddenly?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: