cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

return shipping, who pays?

I'm not a prolific seller, sell items here and there as means to downsize the home. I sold an item a couple weeks ago. Today I received a return request. I accept and it takes me to the next screen....where I have to provide the shipping label. Whenever I've gone through the process of returning an item as a buyer, I am the one that has to pay for the return label. How do I make it so that when I sell something, in the case the buyer wants to return, I don't have to pay for the shipping?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If this is a not as described return, the seller is always responsible for the return shipping. If she files a case, Ebay will provide the label, charge you for it, and you will receive a major defect. With remorse returns..dont like it, doesnt fit, etc., the buyer is responsible for return shipping.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Your listings are set up as no remorse returns. If the buyer filed a remorse return and you accepted, the buyer would be responsible for the return shipping label.

When a buyer files a return saying the item wasn't as described in the listing, then as already stated - you are responsible for the return shipping label. Some dishonest buyers take advantage of this and it costs all of us.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: