cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with a buyer I bought a watch and wants to return it

A buyer sent me aggressive messages about a watch I sold.
He asked for all the money back.
now send a return request
i call ebay customer service
He told me that it would work out in my favor because there was nothing wrong with the description and the photos all looked good.
but he told me to call again on friday
What do I do with the open case, do I wait until Friday?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: problems with a buyer I bought a watch and wants to return it

If it's not to late, accept the return and provide a shipping label.

If you wait until Friday, they'll probably refund the buyer and let them keep the watch.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thank you very much for answering. Also, the one from the costumer support told me that everything would work out in my favor, so I was surprised when he told me to call on Friday.
I'll probably call tomorrow, maybe another person from costumer support will help me a little better.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Customer support(service) will not be much help.

Have buyer return item for a refund. Not sure what claim is opened as to whether you need to issue a eBay shipping return label. If you listen to customer support eBay will probably refund customer and let customer keep the item.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Yes, I really don't know why he told me to call on Friday that everything will work out in my favor, that I published everything well and you could see everything in the photos.
it's something strange

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@cristian3_6 wrote:

Yes, I really don't know why he told me to call on Friday that everything will work out in my favor, that I published everything well and you could see everything in the photos.
it's something strange

The phone reps are well known for not giving out good advice and they will tell you what you want to hear just to get you off the phone quicker.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

What do I do with the open case, do I wait until Friday?

@cristian3_6 

You do not need to call again on Friday. If your buyer has opened a Return request, approve it (which sends the buyer a return shipping label) and wait until the item is back to you before you refund in full.

My guess is that Friday is the timeline that your buyer can escalate the case to eBay. If the buyer does that since you haven't sent them a shipping label... you'll be out your item and the full refund that eBay will issue on Friday.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

If/when your buyer opens an item not as described case, you will be required to issue a prepaid return label and to refund in full.  Not sure why eBay CS sees that as working in your favor.

Have you not read the MBG for buyers?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

You can't  call eBay. You have to contact eBay through Help  & Contact and they call you back.

If you got eBay's  phone number from the internet it's not eBay you were talking to. Scammers place GOOGLE ads pretending to be eBay to steal your information.

Whoever told you it would work out in your favor is blowing smoke up your skirt. To tell you that your photos look good and there's  nothing wrong with your description so you will win is not something eBay would say.  If a buyer says not as described if you want the item back you need to provide a return label before Friday.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Not sure why you need to call tomorrow.  Most cases like this can be easily handled without actually speaking with a CS rep, who will most likely give you wrong information anyway, as evidenced by the one who told you that everything would work out in your favor. You've pretty much received all the information you  need here.

When your buyer opens the case, send them the prepaid return label, then refund upon receipt.

Do some more reading about buyers' options.  

Is this your very first NAD case from a buyer?  

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@cristian3_6 wrote:

i call ebay customer service
He told me that it would work out in my favor because there was nothing wrong with the description and the photos all looked good.

If customer service were really going to help they would have there and then closed the return in your favour.

Personally I've only ever had that happen once. I assume for that to happen the buyer has to already be on the naughty step.

But as others have said accept the return while you still can.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: