cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer return item - given 6 weeks to return it.

I have had 2 returns this week in clothing - don't fit - both of them.  I give measurements on everything but MY question is:  eBay has give them both until Oct 26 to return the item.  That is 6 weeks for the buyer to return the item.  Is this now how long they give them???

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Doesn't make any sense, does it?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

They've been giving them 21 business days to return it.  Which is ridiculous  if you ask me. But 6 weeks is insane.

Just curious but is the buyer from the US or is this an International return?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I had a buyer receive an item on Saturday, Sept. 11, immediately file for a return and eBay says they have until Sept. 27 to return it. **This is from the email I received from the return case.**

I just looked at the Return Details (in the case) and yep, that says the buyer has until Oct. 26.

I think there is a (hic) glitch (hic) in there somewhere.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I have 3 returns open and they all say 6 weeks as well.  I called just now and they said that must be an error?  Very weird but I certainly hope they aren't giving 6 weeks now and this is how they are telling us.  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Just talked to "chat" and she said, this is a glitch and they have until Sept 26 / 27 to return.  I will be watching to see if that does happen.  All US sales - have had 3 returns in the last 2 weeks after months/ years of NO RETURNS or maybe one.  Plus people winning then cancelling has definitely been on the up side now..  CRAZY!!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I have a bunch like this opened between 9/9 and today. All of the ones with extended, 30 business day, return days were purchased after Sept 1st. The returns opened recently for items purchased before Sept, 1st show the correct date. Something is definitely off and I wonder how eBay will be correcting this and if they will still automatically close on the correct date or if they will close them for us. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

System bug after bug after bug.  Maybe if eBay spent more time in their coding and QA process, than the utterly useless seller updates, this wouldn't be such an issue.  Moreover, with the move from Paypal to managed payments and the annoying hold for all returns (including remorse), eBay would love to hold seller funds for 2-3 months easily to get an interest float / side-investements account.  Abandoned returns with funds held up for 60+ days now with this **bleep**.  In total, you can open a return on day 30 after delivery, rent it for another 6-8 weeks and then ship back for a free 90 day rental.  Add to the fact the well know double-dip from eBay - they'll hold your funds but when you do refund, they'll take it off of available cash, not the existing hold (seriously a half-wit must have come up with this) - resulting in an additional 2-3 delay on the double dip hold. It's almost hilarious how bad managed payments has become.

Here's another fun bug that you can only see on eBay, that is alarming levels of bad.

Ordered item B from Seller XYZ to address in Oregon two weeks ago.

Ordered item A from different Seller ABC to address in Cali a week ago.

Seller ABC  sees right address at checkout (Cali) but when label printing it commingles label on address to an older order and seller ships the item to Oregan.  eBay screws the seller out of their funds for their own quality assurance issues.  It used to be slow systems and poor search - now it has become outright non-functional systems. eBay's code base is so messy, even they don't have a clue what's going on anymore. Systems is running rogue.  This is also a privacy issue since seller XYZ can see my order address for a different item and seller. Maybe I should file a CCPA complaint.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

If I have one more glitch on ebay, relisting sold items, incorrect return dates.. I just think I might throw the towel in. It's sad really. Gal bought a bracelet, has had it a month still not back to me. Delivered Aug. 16 and now ebay return details says she has until Oct. 26. I"m not qvc. Almost comical if it wasn't so ridiculous. I doubt if it will come back unused unworn. Getting tired of it all.  After ebay fees, taking fees on shipping and buyers not buying much, it's getting to be more frustrating than it's worth. System bug after bug is right. I had a vintage jewelry dealer tell me she was having issue after issue with sold items being relisted.. here I thought it was just me.. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I just saw the same bug...accepted a return and buyer has till 10/29 to return it.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@rivertown-pickers wrote:

1. I just saw the same bug...accepted a return

2. and buyer has till 10/29 to return it.

eBay has quietly (see the published policy here) extended "When buyers are sent an eBay-generated return label, the return is closed if the label is not printed within 10 business days" to 30 business days.

1. From Thursday, September 16, 2021 + 30 business days

excluding Columbus Day (Monday, October 11, 2021)
2. Result: Friday, October 29, 2021

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hello all! While the timelines for returns granted by policy and help pages shown here are not in error, the displayed time frames for individual returns have been as of late. You can go here to learn more and as always, thank you for reaching out about things like this!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 12 of 12
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: