cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Return Label Scam-Sellers Beware-

We sell drones on eBay and for the fourth time, we have had to deal with a USPS returned item that never made it back to us, yet tracking shows it did. Leaving us without the product and being made by Ebay to give money back to the customer even though as you can see from the step below, we can prove the customer committed fraud.

If this happens to you follow these steps for a slight chance in getting eBay to actually award in your favor.(Chances might be higher to win the lottery)

1. Stop using USPS return labels from Ebay if possible

2. Go to USPS-Contact Us and file a claim immediately

3. Contact Local Post Office for them to investigate.

4. Get a letter of confirmation from USPS that package was not delivered to your address.

5. Contact USPS Postal Inspector National Office to also do an investigation.

5. Submit all documents to ebay customer support and watch as they still give a full refund to the customer.

6. Go on boards to complain.

7. Buy a drink as you just lost another $1k sale. 

8. Swear you will never use USPS return labels every again.(See step 1)

I am truly frustrated. If anyone else has experienced this, please let me know.  This is a scam that Ebay knows about now. I have four well documented cases.

We have lost over $3k in sales to this scam, provided enough evidence for a jury case to rule in our favor and Ebay still sides with the buyer. Out of four cases, eBay sided with us once. Even though we provided all the same evidence of fraud.

USPS is aware on a national level of this fraud and in reality it is a brilliant scheme as it is so hard to prove as a seller. Ebay, please look into this seriously and partner with USPS on investigating this instead of just looking that the item was returned and siding with the buyer. Especially when an ebay seller that has been on the platform for over 20 years is providing evidence of fraud.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: