cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracfone

I was given this tracfone for Christmas.  I got to open it early since I was sick.  Ebay & Tracfone gave me the go ahead with returning it and a date to return.  I however; got sick and was not able to leave the house .  On December 31 case was closed.  I am begging Ebay to help me once more.  Due to Covid I wasn't able to meet my deadline.  As you know our country is in a trying time.  We can only live by faith.  Ebay has always helped me and I do all my shopping over the years from Ebay.  I am now requesting that Ebay give me just two day until this Monday to get in the mail for return.  I promise I can make it this time.  Surely Ebay can understand when the world is sick with this dreaded disease ; it stops you in your tracks and do not even think about getting out and exposing others for a return.  I hate if you don't agree, it means I will have to throw my Christmas present away.  I hope and pray you can understand and allow me this time to return.  I thank all your years of support.  thank you I am  

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Tracfone

Closed cases can't be reopened.

You can resell it here on eBay. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@hol352669 wrote:

I was given this tracfone for Christmas.  I got to open it early since I was sick.  Ebay & Tracfone gave me the go ahead with returning it and a date to return.  I however; got sick and was not able to leave the house .  On December 31 case was closed.    

Hi, eBay already extended the return window from 15 days to 35 days to accommodate those affected by Covid. 

@hol352669 wrote:

I am begging Ebay to help me once more.  

eBay isn't here, sorry about that.

@hol352669 wrote:

Due to Covid I wasn't able to meet my deadline.  As you know our country is in a trying time.  We can only live by faith.  Ebay has always helped me and I do all my shopping over the years from Ebay.  I am now requesting that Ebay give me just two day until this Monday to get in the mail for return.  I promise I can make it this time.  Surely Ebay can understand when the world is sick with this dreaded disease ; it stops you in your tracks and do not even think about getting out and exposing others for a return.  

If eBay was here, they probably wouldn't grant you additional time anyway, as the current return window already exceeds the time frame allowed for the eBay 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. While I can understand how difficult your situation might be, try to remember that your phone was purchased from an independent seller - this seller had their money for your transaction placed on hold while waiting for you to ship the item.

@hol352669 wrote:

I hate if you don't agree, it means I will have to throw my Christmas present away.  I hope and pray you can understand and allow me this time to return.  I thank all your years of support.  thank you I am  

I can't think of a single reason to throw away a brand new phone - I would suggest attempting to resell it on eBay 🤗

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I am sorry you came down with COVID but there are alternative routes, you could have taken 

Why didn't you use USPS pickup service?! All you needed to do was hand the package to your Post Person or leave it on porch for pickup. You would have been given a date and time. Post Person could have scan it right there. No need to go to Post Office 

As it seems, all of us going to catch COVID at some point and time. Lets don't make an excuse out of it! Two years past, so we all need to adapt to this disease

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Your solution is unacceptable .  I thought Ebay was giving a helping hand to anyone sick with them and all their undstanding.  If you never had Covid then you don't know what I'm even talking about.  You can't think at all especially clearly what to do!  I'm informed you of the Covid since it was an option by covid on returns.  I'm not offering my actiions as an EXCuSE.  You probably don't even wear a mask to protect yourself or others.  I would not put this tracfone up for sale since I've already informed you that it is defective.  I don't won't to sell anything that is defective or not working properly, you might sell it with no thought to the buyer but I'm sorry I can do another person like that.  If I don't want then I'm not going to throw it off to some other poor individual and the problems that go with.  You hock your items off if you want to but not I.  Like I stayed indoors with Quarntine on my door, you might see it proper to go out and expose others to this dreaded disease.  Just forget it, my dear, my money, my loss!

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

NO NO NO I don't accept you solution.  I received it on Dec. 4, opened it and found it didn't work properly.  I filed with Ebay a case for return.  How did you figure 35 days to return.  From Dec. 4 to Dec. 25 I don't believe is 35 days.  You are wrong on the number of days and wrong wrong wrong.  I don't appreciate people or sellers like you, I make sure I never order anything from you or infact EBAY either.  They have made alot of money off me but since I now know they won't work with Covid or their customer, NOMORE!!!!!!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I like your response.  Find 4u sounded like I found someone whom cares.  I appreciate your solution but I won't sell a defective Tracfone on Ebay.  I don't want anyone to be put in the predicament I have been placed in or troubles of getting a new phone fixed.  I thank you anyway.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@hol352669 wrote:

NO NO NO I don't accept you solution.  I received it on Dec. 4, opened it and found it didn't work properly.  I filed with Ebay a case for return.  How did you figure 35 days to return.  From Dec. 4 to Dec. 25 I don't believe is 35 days.  You are wrong on the number of days and wrong wrong wrong.  I don't appreciate people or sellers like you, I make sure I never order anything from you or infact EBAY either.  They have made alot of money off me but since I now know they won't work with Covid or their customer, NOMORE!!!!!!

First if it was given to you, you can't file for a return, the original buyer has to.

I've got Covid and know what it's like and I also know if I had a deadline to meet, I would have done something to get it done.

You could have scheduled a pick up from USPS and tossed the package in the mailbox.

Have a great day.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:
First if it was given to you, you can't file for a return, the original buyer has to.

Apparently they can ... and did. If you read the OP: Ebay & Tracfone gave me the go ahead with returning it and a date to return. On December 31 case was closed.

@hol352669 wrote:

I received it on Dec. 4, opened it and found it didn't work properly. 

File a chargeback for "Not as Described or Defective Merchandise" with your card issuer @hol352669 to get your refund. Then the seller has to pay for return shipping, if they want the defective phone back.

3mgdsfogadsyfuoaudshgfom3.png

Otherwise, if you paid with PayPal, file another return request here within 180 days (6 months) and pay for return shipping to get your refund.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@ma-647837 wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

Apparently they can ... and did. If you read the OP: Ebay & Tracfone gave me the go ahead with returning it and a date to return. On December 31 case was closed

No they can't. The original buyer is the one that has to file for a return.

Unless the OP was the buyer, they have no way to open a return.

Have a great day.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Are you saying to forget it just count as a  loss.  Thanks for your reply.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

No, I paid for it since this person couldn't at the time.  It is my money.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi @hol352669 

If the case with eBay has been closed … it cannot be reopened.  😟

BUT the buyer of the item can open a new case with either PayPal or the credit card company.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: