cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller gave me a USPS Ground Advantage Returns label. But he had shipped in a Priority Box

Seller shipped an item via USPS Priority Mail in a Priority Mail only box.

I requested a return for item not as described, and he provided me with a USPS Ground Advantage Returns label.

Will I be able to use this label on the Priority Box? Or do I have to find a correctly sized non-Priority box?

Whether or not this return label confers this extra power, will the USPS worker accept it? Or am I just better off trying to find an adequate box? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Seller gave me a USPS Ground Advantage Returns label. But he had shipped in a Priority Box

Seller didn't provide it

Ebay did

GA is typical (used to be 1st Class) as the RETURN is key- so, don't worry about it and just ship it. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

USPS will accept it.   They might bill the difference in postage to the seller.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I would attempt to get a non-priority box for the return.

The item might go with that label, or it might get rejected at your PO. 

You could give it a try. All depends on how much time you want to spend getting another box, and reprinting the label ........... if it is rejected.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@22149murrayandrew wrote:

Seller shipped an item via USPS Priority Mail in a Priority Mail only box.

I requested a return for item not as described, and he provided me with a USPS Ground Advantage Returns label.

Will I be able to use this label on the Priority Box? 

You'll notice @22149murrayandrew that the label says RETURN SERVICE and No postage necessary.

It's just a placeholder, which you can affix to any box, even Priority Mail. Because later USPS will measure and weigh the label to charge the correct postage to the permit holder, eBay.

Skip the possibility of an uninformed post office counter clerk and scan your label at the self-service automated postal center kiosk in the lobby. And you'll get an email Thank you for shipping your return from eBay in a few hours, to reassure that your return is valid.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@22149murrayandrew wrote:

Or am I just better off trying to find an adequate box? 

They will not accept it. You need to find a box.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: