cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improper wording

So I purchased an item recently. The seller stated he has not received the money. I told him it will not be in his PayPal account and that it would have gone to the bank account he has on file with eBay. I have heard no more from him. I have been trying to help him but he does not communicate with me. I initiated the "I didn't receive my item" process.  On that page it asks if you still want the item or if you want a refund. Then it has a message block that states ,"Tell us more info." Us....that to me says whatever you type in that block goes to eBay, not the seller. Well apparently it looks like it goes to the seller. So if that's true I ended up explaining the situation to the seller, who already knows what's going on. That wording needs to be changed if whatever is typed into that block goes only to the seller.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Improper wording

I would always say "request refund" - dont fall for the send me another item. 

Since you filed an "item nor received" the seller has 3 days to supply a tracking # or a refund.

IF in 3 business days you dont have either, go back into the case and ask eBay to step in.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Improper wording

So very true. I swear I think eBay is purposely vague. Just file an item not received dispute one day after the expected delivery date and get your money back.  If the seller can't figure it out his punishment is losing a sale and costing him a transaction fee that won't be returned.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Improper wording

Next time I will go straight to that. I never request to be sent another item. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Improper wording

Yeah, its a bit annoying. That's what I will do. I have been nice and really trying to assist him but nothing. Ugh...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: