cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing my first (possible) return process...

Hello All,

As the title states. 

A buyer wants to return an item for personal reasons, and nothing to do with the item being defective/ damaged, etc...  All of my listings clearly state that I do not accept returns (unless notified by eBay of course) and this item's refund amount is slightly substantial: $362.89

At the time the sale was completed, through exchanged messages, the Buyer assured me of his satisfaction and that everything was sufficient, no further contact has been made since then, until today.

Something to note: This item was purchased on [ Sep 20, 2023 ] and completed/ shipped [ Sep 25, 2023 ]

Buyers concern (copied and pasted) :

"Hey how’s it going? I reaching out to see if you’d be able to take a return for an item I purchase from you? Unfortunately I can longer afford this and really need the money. If you can’t I understand. Thanks"

Now, I haven't replied just yet, because I too, am in a predicament on funds to where I literally can't refund their full amount during this time, I might be able to within a couple of weeks but who's to say this if this person could be patient until then...

Honestly, It isn't in me to leave someone hanging like that (even if it could be a false statement... still...) my integrity won't let me sleep if you catch my drift ...

Suggestions and wise advice are greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Experiencing my first (possible) return process...

It indeed does. Been on eBay for 15 years. The seller met all requirements and asking for a refund on a non refundable item because they just need their money back because they are broke breaks policies.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: Experiencing my first (possible) return process...

Wow. Extremely appreciate this!

Definitely another "BEST ANSWER", I had no idea eBay could help you in this way either lol.

Truly am thankful for your input; details matter more than we'll ever know.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: