Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay and seller said part would fit - it doesn't

anasazirose_0-1705591431117.png

anasazirose_1-1705591487913.png

Ordered 12-26, arrived 1-3, garage appt 1-15,

I messaged the seller on 1-15

Hello. We took these parts to have them installed on our vehicle today. Even though ebay as well as the listing said they would both fit our vehicle, the front one was not the correct one for the vehicle. It is too small and the bolt holes did not line up. Please advise us how to handle the return. Amanda

Seller responded 1-15

Hi anasazirose,
Thanks for your message.
Sorry to hear that. May I know the specific model and year of your car? or Vin number?
It would be helpful if you could send us some pictures to show this issue.
And then we will check it for you.
Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,
Lauren

My response 1-16

It's a 2012 Chevy Cruze eco

Seller response 1-16

Hi anasazirose,
Thanks for your message.
So could send us some pictures to show this issue?
Then we will try our best to solve it for you.
Looking forward to your reply soon.
Regards,
Lauren

My response 1-16

What would you like a photo of? The mechanic shop left the old part on, there is no way to crawl under the car for a photo of the old part. Do you want a picture of the car? Do you want a picture of the part that doesn t fit?

Seller response 1-16

Hi anasazirose,
Thanks for your message.
We would like to confirm with our supplier whether they made the wrong product regarding the pictures of the bolt holes did not line up or pictures that reflects this issue. Please rest assured that if the issue cannot be resolved in the end, we will provide you with a return label.
Regards,
Lauren

My response 1-17

What do you want a picture of?

Seller response 1-17

Hi anasazirose,
Thanks for your message.
We need the pictures of the bolt holes did not line up.
Could you send us?
Regards,
Lauren

So, that's where I'm at.  I will send pictures tonight when I can take pictures of the part.  The seller is very responsive.  I don't usually return anything and have only handled a few returns as a seller.  So I'm not sure I'm progressing correctly.  Should I start a return now or should I continue responding with the seller?  Even if I send photos, I'll still have to start a return unless they choose to send a correct part. If they do that, and the new part doesn't fit,  the time limit (is it 30 days?) will expire by the time we get a new appointment and I'll be not able to fall back on ebay's guarantee. 

I would also appreciate any other input from those experienced in how returns are supposed to work and how they've worked for you.  Thanks so much. Amanda

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Appreciate it devon@ebay . Wanted to make sure we hadn't missed anything and were steering the buyer in the right direction on this. The green checkmark and "this item fits" the buyer saw on the listing page had me questioning if Guaranteed Fit applied.

As suggested by Miss M, the most appropriate return reason for the item you purchased is "doesn't match description" @anasazirose . Because you said there is no green checkmark to indicate Guaranteed Fit on your Order Details page, and because it says "doesn't fit", not "doesn't fit my vehicle" on the return flow, these 2 signs indicate the item you purchased is not part of Guaranteed Fit.

You purchased the correct part but were sent something with misaligned bolt holes, so a SNAD is the way to go. You'll probably have to upload a photo to move forward with the return and you know the process from there. If you run into any other questions come back and let us know.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 27 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

@anasazirose wrote:

So I'm not sure I'm progressing correctly.  Should I start a return now or should I continue responding with the seller? 

Even if I send photos, I'll still have to start a return unless they choose to send a correct part. If they do that, and the new part doesn't fit,  the time limit (is it 30 days?) will expire by the time we get a new appointment and I'll be not able to fall back on ebay's guarantee. 

I would also appreciate any other input from those experienced in how returns are supposed to work and how they've worked for you.  Thanks so much. Amanda 

No @anasazirose you are not waiting for the correct part.

You are starting a return request now, to get a free return label for your refund. You won't hurt the seller, as eBay covers the return when they guaranteed that you'll have a fit, as you discovered at the appointment.

Then you'll buy the correct part, again with the guarantee. Otherwise it'll be too late to get a refund.

With eBay Guaranteed Fit, you're guaranteed to have a fit, every time. 

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 31
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

@xadexane... ^^^ THIS.

Note: Do NOT mark 'Doesn't fit' as your return reason. Cite "Doesn't match description/photos". Good luck.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

should it be doesn't match description or doesn't fit? 

Update, I see this was answered after I typed this response.  Thank you all so much.  So, I should start the return without sending photos? 

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

@anasazirose wrote:

The seller is very responsive.  I don't usually return anything and have only handled a few returns as a seller.  So I'm not sure I'm progressing correctly. 

If you follow any bad advice @anasazirose your seller is guaranteed to have a fit.

xadexane_0-1705605646780.jpeg

For an eBay Guranteed Fit claim, selecting a defective or not as described reason instead, will hurt your seller.

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

So I should start the return without contacting the seller again?  I am just wanting to be sure.  The seller messaged me twice before the part even arrived telling me they were new and wanted to do everything correctly and to reach out to them if there was a problem. 

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

@anasazirose wrote:

Update, I see this was answered after I typed this response.  Thank you all so much.  So, I should start the return without sending photos? 

@anasazirose 

To answer your question... No, "Doesn't fit" would be a remorse reason. You'd have to pay return shipping.

You can always 'Right click/Save/Upload' a photo from the listing. No need crawling back under the car. 

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

@anasazirose wrote:

Does it say Guaranteed Fit on your order?

FYI that seller is in China. The typical MO is they drag things out and say they'll send a replacement and wait for MBG to expire.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 31
latest reply

@anasazirose wrote:

Doesn't Match The Description.

Doesn't fit is considered a remorse return and they can deny the return or you would have to pay return shipping.

When you start the return, you'll be able to add a photo, you don't have to send any to the seller.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 31
latest reply

@anasazirose wrote:

So I should start the return without contacting the seller again?  I am just wanting to be sure.  The seller messaged me twice before the part even arrived telling me they were new and wanted to do everything correctly and to reach out to them if there was a problem. 

If it's the seller from China, they'll try everything to keep you from returning an item.

When you start a return, they will not be able to provide a return shipping label.

They have to send you the money to return it.

They'll want it returned to China and try to get you to pay to return it, saying they will pay you back, but they won't.

Get the money up front or wait until the 4th day and ask Ebay to step in for a refund.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 31
latest reply

@kensgiftshop @mtgraves7984 In P&A, the "doesn't fit my vehicle" return reason will only appear on items that qualify for Guaranteed Fit so if @anasazirose sees that option it would be an appropriate choice per screenshots posted above.

https://pages.ebay.com/motors/ebay-guaranteed-fit/#faqs

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Exclusions and special coverage when the item doesn't match the listing

Covered:

A part or accessory covered by eBay Guaranteed Fit doesn't fit the buyer's vehicle

Returns will be treated as not matching the listing if the buyer selected "Doesn't fit my vehicle" as the return reason.

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Returns will be treated as not matching the listing if the buyer selected "Doesn't fit my vehicle" as the return reason.

@wastingtime101 

Thanks... I had no idea. I think it's a good thing. So many got tripped up with that seemingly plain verbiage.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

So I SHOULD use 'doesn't fit' as the reason?

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

anasazirose_0-1705612731220.pnganasazirose_1-1705612842243.pnganasazirose_2-1705612877773.png

anasazirose_3-1705612920847.png

anasazirose_4-1705613053751.png

It doesn't say guaranteed fit on my order, however, under ebay guaranteed fit, it says I will see the 'doesn't fir' reason when the item is eligible for ebay guaranteed fit protection.  But you say 'doesn't fit' is a remorse decision.  I think I know that applies to clothing, but does it apply in this case? 

I am very frustrated, and I seem to be getting conflicting information.  Please forgive me asking again, but I just want some clarification. 

Message 15 of 31
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: