cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling a order with authentication guarantee

mur2442
Rising Star

Is there no way for me to stop this order. I'm trying to avoid having it ship to me and then have to ship back to seller. I have no idea how but some how I've bought these shoes that I did not want to or mean to buy and I'd like to stop this order but can not contact the seller at all. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Good morning,

It sounds like Buyer's Remorse.

Talk to your Seller. You need to be kind and thoughtful plus pay for shipping costs both ways. This is not Seller's fault 

We don't make big money on eBay. You need to approach the Seller. See to ways, you could do this in friendly manners. Copy your post here and eMail it to Seller 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

If you go to your purchase history and locate your item, you will see an option to cancel the order, but that option expires 60 minutes after your purchase commitment.  Once that option expires, you can message the seller ... that link is found under "other actions" ... and ask the seller to cancel the order.

A seller is under no obligation to cancel the order even if they haven't yet shipped it, but many sellers will offer that courtesy.  Many times, however, a seller has already shipped the item before they receive a request from you and there is nothing they can do.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Just in case you did not acualy order such:

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/protecting-account/get-help-hacked-account?id=4196 

Might also check your address to ship to on your account.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I thought all purchases take at least 2 clicks, one for 'Buy It Now' and one for 'checkout'? 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Oh, by the way, you have Seller's phone number on the Purchase Details ... You could always call and leave a message

Go to ' my eBay'

Click on ' purchase history'

Click on the order

Look into purchase details 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Sellers phone numbers are NOT shown anywhere. 

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

There’s no way to contact the seller with Authenticity Guarantee though? Every time I try, eBay blocks the message with a note that you cannot contact the seller for Authenticity Guaranteed products. I’ve tried everything, but there legitimately seems like no possible way to reach the seller. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Not for Authenticity Guarantee products though. eBay blocks any communication with the seller, which has left me with no options. 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@sply-jfinn wrote:

Not for Authenticity Guarantee products though.

eBay blocks any communication with the seller, which has left me with no options. 

Can you @sply-jfinn click

- Contact the seller on that seller's other listings, or

- Contact the seller on the seller's feedback page then select This is not about an item?

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@santamonicajeweler wrote:

Oh, by the way, you have Seller's phone number on the Purchase Details ... You could always call and leave a message

Go to ' my eBay'

Click on ' purchase history'

Click on the order

Look into purchase details 

No, I just checked all of my recent purchases. None of them show the seller's phone number.

Sellers can choose to show their phone number on their listings, on the Contact Seller screen, but many (most) choose not to do that.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

eBay changed Privacy Policy as of December 23, 2021. Sellers' phone number isn't available to Buyers any longer 🤔

oh well, 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@sply-jfinn I know, just leave a message with the Rep. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Hey so I ordered a pair of Jordan 1 Mochas, 2 weeks ago, and the order was shipped the day the purchase was made, but hasn't made it to "in transit to authenticator" stage yet. My estimated delivery is tomorrow so if it doesn't make it then am I allowed to cancel the order as I have found a better deal.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

The original question is from 11/01/21, so let's hope that's been figured out.

If the estimated delivery date seen in the listing is tomorrow, and it does not arrive by then, you can open an INR case the next day.  Item not received will be your reason, not cancelling because you found a better deal.

Please do more reading.  

Message 15 of 17
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: