cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Community Chat, May 3rd @ 1pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon everyone!

Come and join the Community team today for our weekly chat. No set topic for today so feel free to bring your general questions for discussion with the team Smiley Happy

See you there!

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Did I fall asleep for a week and miss the chat on the TRS $30 promotion coupon issue?

Wife never got the promotion on her TRS account.

My promotion campaign attempt will only show 1 item to promote when I have several listings with multiples.

Message 16 of 78
latest reply

@mg152 wrote:
I just want to thank my fellow eBay members for their support during this hard time in my life. My FIL is dying & my fellow members have been there for me again! Sometimes a kind word really helps. Thanks to everyone that replied, sent a message, prayed or just sent good thoughts!

I know this is off topic but I've survived a few tragedies because of my ebay friends.

Hi @mg152

So sorry to hear that. I hope you are doing well given the circumstances. The people that make up the eBay Community are an amazing bunch! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 17 of 78
latest reply

Last week on the Weekly Chat, post #46, you said that a seller that printed a return label is responsible for the package:

Whoever funded the label is responsible for what happens to the item in transit - even when a seller provides the money for a label, they are still in some way stipulating the shipping format and would be liable if the item goes missing. Ultimately, it is in the seller's best interest to either provide a label or fund one that best protects them, as they will be accountable for the item while it is in transit on the way back.

Surely this is wrong as at that point in the transaction, the buyer owns the item and will own it until the seller gets it back and refunds the buyer and therefore  the buyer should be responsible for getting the item back to the seller.

If, as you said, the seller is responsible, then all a buyer would have to do is not use the label at all, keep the item, and the seller would be forced to refund.

Also, if what you said is true, then a seller should tell the buyer to return the item at the buyer's expense and the seller would then refund the buyer's return shipping when the item is received.

Message 18 of 78
latest reply

Why did / would ebay roll out this Deal & Savings without every mentioning it to the sellers?
Nothing in Seller News, nothing in the Spring 2017 Sellers update
Heidi was looped in as there had been questions all other the seller board about it
what is it?

Message 19 of 78
latest reply

@llllady wrote:

Hi, Trinton…

Just a heads up to whatever team is responsible for maintaining/administering the survey for sellers who close their store.  On screen 5, it asks what your store subscription level was.  As you can see, the Basic store fee needs to be updated.

ebay-store-close-exit-survey-page5A-170430-FEES.jpg

Good spot, @llllady!

I'll share that with the appropriate team here and have it updated as soon as possible. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 20 of 78
latest reply

Hi @double1960,

You can hit "Reply" and post a message, from the post at the top of the thread. A Reply to another post will work, but show as a reply to that post.

@If you do want to respond to, our tag someone, use the @ and their username.

@double1960 wrote:
How do I get on this chat?

Message 21 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@labs118 wrote:

Why am I seeing different search results ?
If I am searching etienne aigner shoes It returns a normal search

If I search salvatore ferragamo Women it shows me a new  ebay shopping experience
search results with descriptions ?

And why all the men's shoes when I search Women?

I posted to the selling board just a short time ago wanted to see if other sellers are seeing different search results as well.

I cannot stay around I have to be somewhere at 430Pm
thanks

ebay new search 5-17.jpg 

This search result page is a test we are running to enhance the shopping experience when looking for something to buy. Not all items will bring up this page quite yet, and we'd love to hear your feedback about this experience. Men's shoes showing up in these search results is a great callout of something we can work to fix. I'll pass along this example, don't hesitate to keep us posted if you run into any other bumps.

Message 22 of 78
latest reply

trs.jpg

All of my accounts have this on my Seller Dashboard.

If the discount is no longer 20% someone should change it so it is not confusing.

Thank you.

Message 23 of 78
latest reply

Good afternoon everyone.

Message 24 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@electronicspart wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Email Griff@eBay.com with the details regarding these shipments......

Ok, thank you. I'll do that. 
Next: I do not use java script in any of my auctions. ebay says I have java script in 419 of my auctions.  I did not put it there.  Turbolister may put java script in my auctions, but that is done by ebay NOT me.  What java script does ebay put in my listings? Why am I responsible for correcting ebay’s “error”.

I reached out to the TurboLister team just now and there is no Java Script included as a part of the TurboLister process. If you have been selling similar from listings that had Java Script in the past, this may have been included in your listings. Either way, use the preview listing option and see how it looks - we are simply going to be turning off the display of this kind of active content, so if your listings look fine then you have nothing to worry about!

Message 25 of 78
latest reply

A buyer already paid on paypal, but now asks if he can pick it up somewhere locally instead of paying shipping, the shipping is $12.99 since its heavy and long item, a barometer.  Should I just say no I dont do that or if I do it how do I get my shipping fee back?

Message 26 of 78
latest reply

Heidi was kind enough to reach out to whomever is rolling out the promoted listings
I am losing 10% TRS+ discount effective May 1st yet they didn't think they should have the rollout ready for ooak sellers to use the $30.00 credit at the same time?

she advised they will begin rolling it out to more sellers June 1st
How have they picked the ooak sellers that are using it now?
I did a search on etienne aigner shoes  and cannot believe the amount of sponered listings all that have just the 1 item ooak just in that 1 search alone not to mention all the other ooak sellers I have seen in other searches.

I would like to know who to contact regarding this , I am not happy about the possible loss of the $30.00 credit & we have been told they can't be rolled over.
thanks

Message 27 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm curious as to whether an item that a buyer paid for on Friday April 21 and shipped the same day that was delivered on Saturday, April 29 via USPS First Class Mail would be considered late or on time per eBay standards?   It was a domestic shipment, from CA to OH.

As long as the acceptance scan for your shipment was within the stated handling time, this won't be considered late. Additionally, if the delivery date is on or before the estimated delivery date provided to your buyer at checkout, then this would also be considered on time for our On Time shipping metric.

Message 28 of 78
latest reply

To update from last week. On Thursday I contacted a CSR who was as suprised by my numbers as I was. Thankfully he was a listening type and went though my listings and told me as far as he was concerned I was doing all the right things and had no ideas for changes. He then said that he would give my numbers to the teach team and see if they could figure out something.

Since Saturday, I have sold $2000. I have viewers again. The entire month of April I sold $5900,  less returns. I don't know what light was switched but I sure like the brightness. wink

Message 29 of 78
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@electronicspart wrote:

.........- we are simply going to be turning off the display of this kind of active content, so if your listings look fine then you have nothing to worry about!

Thank you, then I will just leave them all alone.

Message 30 of 78
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: