cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, October 21 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

@mam98031 wrote:

Some sellers on a thread or two have been saying that they have received their TRS discount on international sales when they are not a Global TRS.  Has the structure of how the TRS discounts are applied changed?  If so when and what changed?  

My understanding is that the TRS discount for US sellers is only on the product amount of the sale for domestic transactions.

@mam98031  To my knowledge we haven’t announced a change to the Top Rated Seller discount in regards to international transactions. It’s hard to say what may have happened without looking at a specific example. If you run into that again, please tag me so I can take a look.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 61 of 66
latest reply

@carlqsportscards wrote:

On my invoice this month I have 2 "eBay Debits".

It lists the tracking numbers and the item numbers, and says "Orig cost refunded".

What are they for?

@carlqsportscards Without digging into your account, what this sounds like is a potentially short-paid/overpaid label charge from USPS. You can check this here: https://www.ebay.com/ship/lmng for more information with the tracking/item number. If that’s not what you’re seeing, feel free to tag me in a thread for follow up.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 62 of 66
latest reply

@mybargaincomics wrote:

I have a multiple-quantity listing on the US Site where I changed the title after I sold a quantity of 1. An Italian buyer just sent me a screenshot which has the original title. How often are listing titles updated from the US to the international sites?

@mybargaincomics In my experience the listing updates immediately across all sites, so the title should have updated. Please tag me in a thread and share some screenshots and the item number. This will allow me to take a deeper look.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 63 of 66
latest reply

@renegade-chance wrote:

Does the eBay Shipping Supplies team have any plans to bring back colored tape with the eBay Logo on it?  Purple, Yellow, the pastel colors?

@renegade-chance  I’m glad to hear you love those colors as much as I do! There’s a mix of pastel and dark colors for the Holiday Edition items. From what I’ve been told, we recently sold out of the Holiday Edition tape and I’m unsure if it will be restocked. It would be worth keeping an eye on the store. If we do get it in stock it’s likely to sell out fast because it’s very popular.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 64 of 66
latest reply

@mam98031 Thanks! I'm getting the hang of it. 😁

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 65 of 66
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

One thing I like about Promoted Listings is that, as a TRS, I get a $30 quarterly credit applied against PL fees. In other words, my first $30 worth of PL fees in any quarter are basically free. I just read the transcript of this week's ebay for business podcast, and, if I'm reading this correctly, Q4, 2020, will be the last quarter to offer the TRS PL credit? Starting next year, no TRS PL credit? Is that right? Here's the text of the Transcript:

"The other thing to remember too, is if you're a Top Rated Seller, you can actually try Promoted Listings for nothing. So you can get for this quarter, you could get a $30 credit to use to, to try them and get the effect and get the benefit. The second thing is you'll get increased access to different types of premium placements across the site for your listing. So it's not just on search results page. That's obviously a really key place, an important place to be. But it's also in the merch strips on view item and a whole host of other places all over the site. And it's really, really, really easy. I know that sounds like, okay, how easy could it really be? But it really is quite easy. You just need to decide what you want to promote, how much you want to promote it for. And then we kind of take over from there.

So promotions for promoted listings or PL are these temporary, or are these ongoing?

This is going to end. This is just for Q4. So make sure if you want to take advantage of it, do it now. "

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - I'm unaware of any announcement made about this benefit of being Top Rated going away. I will see if there's more to the story that I can find out!

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - I heard back on this question this morning:

We apologize for any confusion regarding our current Promoted Listings credits for both Top Rated Sellers and Anchor and Enterprise store subscribers.  We regularly review our various promotions to ensure they are providing the best opportunity to help our sellers grow, and we will give you time to adjust if there are any changes made to these promotions, but we don’t have any changes to announce at this time. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 66 of 66
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: