cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Oct 18th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

Please join the Community team here at 1 pm PT on Oct 18th for our weekly chat. 

There isn't a set topic this week so feel free to ask us your eBay buying & selling questions. 

Thank you. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 107
latest reply
106 REPLIES 106

Re: Community Chat, Oct 18th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

@montelbargain wrote:
Let me double check my listing in question. I will log out and then view it.

Hi @montelbargain,

Please use the 'Quote' feature when replying to posts. It makes the thread easier to follow. 

Thanks. 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 16 of 107
latest reply

@montelbargain wrote:
How do I include the products rating in my listing?

@montelbargain You can't include them - they will automatically appear when you list your item with the eBay catalog and with structured data (so we can associate your item with a product). For more information about the product reviews see this Seller Update article - http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/sprupd16/product-reviews.html#tab=whats-new

Thanks for selling on eBay

Brian

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 17 of 107
latest reply

252159940950 is my listing. I have sold 724 and that does not appear. How can I fix this?
Message 18 of 107
latest reply

The number of buyers who are not honoring their auctions won or buy-it-now purchases seems to be increasing at an extremely alarming rate. What is ebay doing to put a stop to this?

The unpaid item strikes are a good way, but even they waste A LOT of time for sellers. Expecting a new seller to wait 6 days to relist an item because some deadbeat decided not to pay is horrible, not to mention when a lot of them already waited 7 days for their item to sell in most instances, this is a delay of TWO weeks AND in some cases a complete waste of 30 cents for the listing!

Please do more to penalize buyers who do not honor their obligations!

Message 19 of 107
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

Good afternoon everyone. Sorry I'm a bit tardy today. 

Welcome! @odditiesandantiquities1 slight_smile

Message 20 of 107
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@siayan wrote:

Why is it so hard to report a bad seller. There is a seller that was noticed on the board that has a 30-45 day ship time that is racking up sales and getting consistant neagative feedback. This has been going on for a week yet when someone tried to repost they were told it had to be transactikon related.

Things like this affect all sellers and we are tring to help.

Hi @siayan, this actually violates our presale policy and can be reported directly from the listing:

1. Select "Report item" from the listing
  2. Choose "Listing practices" from the Report Category dropdown
  3. Choose "Inappropriate seller terms" from the Reason for Report dropdown
  4. Choose "Presale" from the Detailed Reason dropdown

From here you can submit the report and the appropriate teams will investigate.

Message 21 of 107
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonathankirkland wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonathankirkland wrote:

Will ebay consider implementing a feature that will not allow a shipping label to be printed, or at the very least provide a pop-up warning when printing a shipping label, for a payment that has not yet cleared?

There are way too many people being cheated and shipping items out where they payment has not yet cleared, and there are numerous ways scammers are taking advantage of new sellers (tricking them into providing their Paypal email, e-check scam to name a few).

Hi @jonathankirkland, the safety of our sellers is a top priority for us! Since we aren't always able to recognize payment, a warning message may at times cause undue harm. When we are able to recognize that a payment is pending, we do display this information. While there has been an issue recently with the Mobile App incorrectly showing these payments as completed, we are here to protect any seller who faces a loss due to an incomplete payment after shipment. 

There may be times where a seller would like to get ahead by printing a label and preparing the package for shipment even when the payment is pending. I can pass along this suggestion, but I wanted to provide some food for thought as to why this may not be implemented.

Then perhaps you could have a pop-up reminder implemented for payments that are pending, that you could maybe disable if you so choose by going into settings.

This way experienced sellers are not bothered by it if they wish to disable it, and new sellers are protected as much as possible.

The pop up should advise these new sellers to go into their Paypal and make sure the payment has cleared and that it say "Ok to ship" IN PAYPAL.

I really like the idea of a notification for recognized pending payments that can be turned off for more experienced sellers. Great idea, will pass this along right now!

Message 22 of 107
latest reply

Afternoon everyone! I'd first like to ask that you give Brian our thanks for visiting yesterday and staying so late to answer questions posed to him - that goes to you to Alan.

It may have been mentioned already here - but people were not happy with the answers to Ebays new program that is enforcing policy to eliminate sales done outside of Ebay. I understand that this is being maintained by bots. And I understand that an investigation by a person will be done before actions are taken. The fear remains tho - due to buyers who don't know policy or try to circumvent it by suggesting to sellers the transaction take place outside.

Most older sellers know the rules - but are concerned with getting these warnings and are afraid that their selling will be sanctioned through no fault of their own. Can you explain a bit better how the sytem works. Will a seller be notified that the bots have picked up this type of behavior and any more could result in selling privileges being revoked - giving the seller time to call and talk to someone who can actually view the emails before any type of sanction is in place?

Many on the boards feel the warning to buyers may alienate them or scare them from trying to buy on Ebay.

Message 23 of 107
latest reply

Thank you alan@ebay Been busy selling. grin

Message 24 of 107
latest reply

@montelbargain wrote:
252159940950 is my listing. I have sold 724 and that does not appear. How can I fix this?

Hmmm interesting. I do not see it on your listing. I will look into it after the chat and Private Message you.

Thanks. 

Message 25 of 107
latest reply

TY. I will view after this chat!

Thanks again! 🙂
Message 26 of 107
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@siayan wrote:

Why is it so hard to report a bad seller. There is a seller that was noticed on the board that has a 30-45 day ship time that is racking up sales and getting consistant neagative feedback. This has been going on for a week yet when someone tried to repost they were told it had to be transactikon related.

Things like this affect all sellers and we are tring to help.

Hi @siayan, this actually violates our presale policy and can be reported directly from the listing:

1. Select "Report item" from the listing
  2. Choose "Listing practices" from the Report Category dropdown
  3. Choose "Inappropriate seller terms" from the Reason for Report dropdown
  4. Choose "Presale" from the Detailed Reason dropdown

From here you can submit the report and the appropriate teams will investigate.

Well I figure he has about $50,000 in sales this month with 18 negatives in a row. I think he quit. Just tring to help but I guess he will be found oou after a while.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 27 of 107
latest reply

eBay messaging to sellers recently change as it relates to outcomes to cases that were settled.  In the past the verbage use to say something like

We ruled in the seller favor.  Your selling standards will not be affected and any feedback left from this buyer will be removed.

Now the verbage says this

We ruled in the sellers favor, and this outcome will not have any affect on your seller standards.

Notice the missing info about any feedback left will be removed in the new messaging from eBay.

Here is my questions and it is fairly easy.

Moving forward: When cases are resolved and settled in sellers favor, does eBay still remove feedback left from the buyer?    Thanks

Good Luck Selling!

Message 28 of 107
latest reply

What can be done about the abuse of multi-variation listings?  They may have 10 or 20 items at $40.00 or more and one barely related item at $1.00 or so.  It's clearly about gaming search placement when people search by 'lowest first'.

It's often found in clothing and electronics.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 29 of 107
latest reply

@mpjsales wrote:

Will eBay ever enforce sellers to use the proper "Item Condition" for their listings?  The one thing that bothers me is people listing items as "Used" but in their description they state the item is sold "as-is" or "only tested for power-on" without guaranteeing full functionality. These types of disclaimers/statements are misleading to buyers. If a seller cannot guarantee their product meets the "Item Conditions" set by eBay they should not be able to list them as "Used" or should be forced to list them as "Parts".

This hurts the buyer and seller market in different ways. 

The problem is: in most categories, the ONLY options for condition are NEW or USED.
Even if it's NOS, it has to be listed as USED. 
Or it's broken, or parts missing, it has to be listed as USED.

The other problem, for OOAK and collectibles sellers, the item has to be listed as USED unless it's new and sealed in the original packaging. The item has probably never been used; it may have been in a display for years or decades. The condition is NEW, but eBay requires us to list it as USED...there are no other choices.

I have asked many times to have PRE-OWNED as an availabl condition code on every listing. That way, a potential buyer knows to look carefully at the description to see exactly what is being offered.

Message 30 of 107
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: