cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, November 20 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join the Community team here at 1 PM PT on November 20th for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a set topic this week, so please bring any general questions you may have on buying or selling.

The chat will be open for questions from 1-2 pm PT, at which point we'll close thread. While no additional questions can be submitted after this time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that may still be unanswered.

If you're new to the chat, welcome! Simply Reply to this post with your question from 1-2 PM Pacific Time and we'll be happy to help!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon everyone! The chat is now open for replies slight_smile

Message 2 of 81
latest reply

Regarding sellers still accepting paypal in categories where managed payments are not yet available. Ebay's recent decision to combine sales tax as part of the payment is now showing as income for paypal 1099 purposes, and is not being separated as "sales tax" as far as paypal reports go. Is ebay going to provide us with some sort of statement we can use for tax purposes to show marketplace facilitator taxes were taken by ebay? Something that will allow us to prove we never actually received nor controlled those funds? Or will any other statement type documentation be provided so we can use it to show the IRS that these are not earnings?

Message 3 of 81
latest reply

Hi Doug, Last week, after the five PM cut off, you said:

"Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques I do see your point and the team can discuss it. I think the fact of the matter is that the Community is not considered a marketing channel, and the marketing team focuses certain assets elsewhere, where they will have the biggest impact. We're a peer to peer support community not a marketing channel."

Sure, I get that marketing isn't your job. But you would NOT be marketing to us. You'd be INFORMING us about ebay's marketing efforts. Two different things.

So, hopefully, you guys will give us a heads up when videos go live....
Message 4 of 81
latest reply

Why is the seller hub giving incorrect information as to items ending today. Right now it is showing me 25, but, there are none when I click on that tab.

Message 5 of 81
latest reply

What meaningful action is eBay taking to deal with false claims? Also dealing with buyers making multiple accounts to circumvent blocks and site policies? Why does it seem like buyers are allowed to run wild. Do the higher ups understand that unhappy sellers also equals bad experience for buyers?
Message 6 of 81
latest reply

There used to be Ebay CS that would call and help with our stores. I have had an issue for a while now, and have not been able to find anyone in CS that can help me.

In each of my listings in the description, there is a box that says "sign up for newsletter". Next to that, on the left, is a blurry gray box where a logo would fit (if I used one). I have not been able to figure out how to either get rid of the box OR add a logo!

Cece
My Jewels
Message 7 of 81
latest reply

Ever since mandatory GTC started, I check my listings every morning to see what time the first one that ends that day is actually ending. Then I try to get to my computer comfortably before that time to end it. On occasion, I arrived too late, and some had already relisted.

Sunday night (11/3), I got there 15 minutes before the first two should have relisted...and they were already done. It was then 4.55pm, and they said they had relisted at 6:02pm (383189663597) and 6:03pm (383189665635).
Mandatory GTC is bad enough, but jumping the gun like this is really appalling.

Message 8 of 81
latest reply

I purchased and item on Sept 28.  It arrived damaged (SNAD).  The return process functioned as it should other than the seller did nothing and I had to ask eBay to step in.  I also left negative feedback relating to the issues with the sale/shipping. FB was true, accurate and factual,  No emotions, 'just the facts."

I was shocked to discover that eBay removed the negative feedback and allow the item to be resold.  So I have to ask these two questions:

1.  Why was the feedback removed?

2. So I assume the seller contacted CS and got the FB removed.  How does that happen unless eBay decided this was abuse of the process?  So does that mean that eBay now has a mark on my account as to abuse of the MBG process? 

Message 9 of 81
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@greg213213 wrote:

Why is the seller hub giving incorrect information as to items ending today. Right now it is showing me 25, but, there are none when I click on that tab.

Hi @greg213213, where are you seeing that 25 are ending today? When I just checked your view of Seller Hub, I don't see a number displayed next to Ending today within the manage active listings section.

Message 10 of 81
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:

Regarding sellers still accepting paypal in categories where managed payments are not yet available. Ebay's recent decision to combine sales tax as part of the payment is now showing as income for paypal 1099 purposes, and is not being separated as "sales tax" as far as paypal reports go. Is ebay going to provide us with some sort of statement we can use for tax purposes to show marketplace facilitator taxes were taken by ebay? Something that will allow us to prove we never actually received nor controlled those funds? Or will any other statement type documentation be provided so we can use it to show the IRS that these are not earnings?

Just as a fellow seller.  When I download the detailed transaction report on PP, I can see a separate column for sales tax collected and that is it being removed as a Partner Fee.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 81
latest reply

Have you tried reuploading your logo? I wonder if it got corrupted possibly.
Message 12 of 81
latest reply

I think this issue was brought up last week, if not here, then on another Board. This issue still persists. I have one day handling time on my listings. While I sometimes do ship same day, MOST of my sales are shipped next business day. Problem is, ebay is showing some of my listings as "same day shipping" I spoke with Concierge about this, and I have been told it is a known glitch. She assured me that, behind the scenes (so to speak) ebay recognizes that I have one day handling, and as long as I meet that standard, I won't be penalized for late handling. She even stated that, if a buyer would give me a neg because I did not ship same day, ebay would remove it. All of that is reassuring in terms of my seller standing, BUT.....buyers are still being misinformed, which is NOT a good buyer experience.

Any ETA on when this glitch will be resolved?
Message 13 of 81
latest reply

I downloaded this report and did not see this information. But since ebay is remitting sales tax on our behalf we don't have any proof unless it is provided to us by ebay.
Message 14 of 81
latest reply

Ending today is where I am seeing it and it changes numbers throughout the day. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks. Others on the boards have also made comments about this inconsistency.

Message 15 of 81
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: