cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 9 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

That very misleading and concerning discrepancy in the offer for a discount on Quickbooks as part of eBay's partnership with Intuit is still very much live and active, showing a discount of 30% off for 12 months in multiple places, but then saying only 6 months in the fine print that is hidden one click away.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Discussion-with-eBay/Community-Chat-March-2-1-00-pm-PT-General-...

Quickbooks3.jpg

Again, I understand that is Intuit's website, however eBay is actively promoting this partnership and this discount in multiple places on the eBay site - if the deal is not what has been advertised, eBay is responsible for the misleading information presented to sellers just as much as Intuit would be.

Either way, it's not a great idea to just wait 6 months down the road to see what happens.  Please confirm if the offer really is for 12 months or 6 months and update the announcement here in the community with that confirmation.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 31 of 68
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

jasmen@ebay wrote:

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
 I hope to attend the Seller Check In tomorrow. If I can't make it, or if my Internet is screwy, can you confirm that all the videos will be available for Playback after the event?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

Only the main program will be shared, you have to attend the event live to see the breakout sessions. 

Thanks! 

jasmen@ebay  tagging on to this - can you confirm, is the main program that will be shared going to be pre-recorded videos like eBay Open last year or will the presenters be live streaming and interacting/chatting live with attendants?

Hi @valueaddedresource I don't have any details on the specifics of what will be shared at the main event but it will be available for replay after the session (usually within 24-48 hours) Thanks! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 32 of 68
latest reply

velvet@ebay  Thanks. And just want to emphasize, in ebay Seller World Time, April 3rd is just around the corner....

Message 33 of 68
latest reply

I see that Tyler has been actively cleaning up and updating the Voices: Collectibles section and Steve came back with a promise and a plan for moving forward.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Voices-for-Collectibles/Coming-back-to-the-board-My-promise-to-you/idi... 

Considering it has been over 8 months, what is the current status of the Voices initiative for the community and are there still plans to expand it to other categories? If so, what kind of timelines are we looking at and which categories might be on the horizon?

Hi @valueaddedresource - there are not currently plans to expand this program past Collectibles for the time being, though that may change in the future!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 34 of 68
latest reply

Yes...  my envelopes are 6.125" x 9"; and meet all other qualifications.  However, it should be noted that when entering the package dimensions into the eBay system, they must be entered as 6" x 9" x 1"; as no partial inches are allowed.  

It's possible that I entered the wrong size envelope for coins in the approved Disneyana / coins category.  I'll watch more closely.  I tried everything I could think of to make it work... but was not successful.

So am I hearing that the Collectibles>Disneyana>Contemporary>Coins category (#13842) should work for eBay Standard Envelope use?... assuming that all other mailing requirements are met?

Thanks much...

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 35 of 68
latest reply

That very misleading and concerning discrepancy in the offer for a discount on Quickbooks as part of eBay's partnership with Intuit is still very much live and active, showing a discount of 30% off for 12 months in multiple places, but then saying only 6 months in the fine print that is hidden one click away.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Discussion-with-eBay/Community-Chat-March-2-1-00-pm-PT-General-...

Quickbooks3.jpg

Again, I understand that is Intuit's website, however eBay is actively promoting this partnership and this discount in multiple places on the eBay site - if the deal is not what has been advertised, eBay is responsible for the misleading information presented to sellers just as much as Intuit would be.

Either way, it's not a great idea to just wait 6 months down the road to see what happens.  Please confirm if the offer really is for 12 months or 6 months and update the announcement here in the community with that confirmation.

Thanks @valueaddedresource this has been reported! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 36 of 68
latest reply

jasmen@ebay  Thanks. I know the sessions can be recorded, so I struggle to find any justification for the decision to withhold the break out sessions. I'd love to see ebay do an immediate about face on this, but experience has taught me how unlikely that is. Still, I appreciate you passing this on. 

Message 37 of 68
latest reply

Sending coupons to buyer groups:

I noticed yesterday that the option to segment by category is no longer showing, so I'm guessing that's a "no" to the previous question about whether it was working as intended when it only showed "all inventory"?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Send-Coupons-To-Buyer-Groups/td-p/32732326

Can we get an update on that segmenting by category and also on the still awaited repeat buyer and followers segmenting as well, please?

Hi @valueaddedresource - I will request an update and let you know as I hear back. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 38 of 68
latest reply

@ckinkead wrote:

I am new to this board, so forgive me if I ask a silly question.

Do you know if sellers or able to see when I save an item in my searches?

I only ask because it seems items often show up available for auction when I save the search rather than randomly do a search. Thank you again for your time on this.

Welcome @ckinkead! Sellers aren't notified that you're saving searches. It could be that some have had the listing fixed price for a while though, and it's not selling, so they're giving the auction format a try. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 39 of 68
latest reply

@saturdaystoys wrote:

Yes...  my envelopes are 6.125" x 9"; and meet all other qualifications.  However, it should be noted that when entering the package dimensions into the eBay system, they must be entered as 6" x 9" x 1"; as no partial inches are allowed.  

It's possible that I entered the wrong size envelope for coins in the approved Disneyana / coins category.  I'll watch more closely.  I tried everything I could think of to make it work... but was not successful.

So am I hearing that the Collectibles>Disneyana>Contemporary>Coins category (#13842) should work for eBay Standard Envelope use?... assuming that all other mailing requirements are met?

Thanks much...

@saturdaystoys, the eBay standard Envelope can't be any more than 1/4 inch thick, so if you are entering 1 inch, then that will not qualify for this shipping service.

It sounds as though you are entering dimensions for a package, not an envelope, actually. Packages don't qualify, and the envelopes have to qualify as machinable letters.

Message 40 of 68
latest reply

@saturdaystoys   Obviously not an offical response, but I suspect that is your problem---the item may be a "coin", but it is not in the Coin category.

Message 41 of 68
latest reply

The USPS surcharge increase for just me one seller will be close to $30,000 in lost sales, I'm just one seller.  I already lost a couple grand this weekend because I couldn't buy those items at a HUGE swap meet at 6 Flags parking lot. Over 500 vendors and had to just walk by, plus tell a few who I buy often I'm off the market now.

Message 42 of 68
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

I see that Tyler has been actively cleaning up and updating the Voices: Collectibles section and Steve came back with a promise and a plan for moving forward.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Voices-for-Collectibles/Coming-back-to-the-board-My-promise-to-you/idi... 

Considering it has been over 8 months, what is the current status of the Voices initiative for the community and are there still plans to expand it to other categories? If so, what kind of timelines are we looking at and which categories might be on the horizon?

Hi @valueaddedresource - there are not currently plans to expand this program past Collectibles for the time being, though that may change in the future!

Thanks tyler@ebay 

Sheila had previously said on 8/5/21:

This a new program we are piloting & we are currently running a 90-day test.  If the program is successful in its current form, we plan to both onboard new sellers via larger applications to generate more, unique ideas. If you have an interest in joining, you can send an email to community@ebay.com.

Considering it is well past 90 days and the lack of active participation from eBay on this, I'm guessing it wasn't exactly "successful" in its current form.

If there are no plans to expand to other categories, what is the plan for this program and what does eBay plan to do (aside from Steve's promises) to make it more successful?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 43 of 68
latest reply

ebay world time has already expired, having to pass on buying items, just not enough time to be able to unload some stuff in 3 weeks

Message 44 of 68
latest reply

@saturdaystoys wrote:

Thanks much...

Thanks for following up @saturdaystoys. I know sometimes the label page can default info but it sounds like you're watching for that and updating accordingly. I'm not aware of any specific coin categories that don't qualify for the eBay Standard Envelope. If you run into something like this again, be sure to take a screen shot and copy the URL, then contact Customer Support. If they need to file a ticket with our tech team I know they'll want that info to include in the ticket. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 45 of 68
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: