cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, July 1 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have!

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close the thread from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will work review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

@a_c_green wrote:

As we got to the end of the second quarter here, I noticed a complete absence of any eBay Bucks specials. The last one I received was June 1. Are they on the way out, or...?

@a_c_green There aren't any plans that I'm aware of to end eBay Bucks promos. I'm keeping an eye out for the next one too, even though I usually spend more than I should 😝

Brian,
Community Team
Message 46 of 51
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, thanks for joining us today. The chat is now closed and we look forward to seeing you next week!

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Since I've used the Seller Hub, which is a long time, the link in the Orders box for the Resolution Center has never been accurate.  It always shows zero even when there is an open return request, INR, UID, cancellation, etc.

After all this time I think it is reasonable to think this line would be functioning.  Any ideas if Ebay intends on fixing it or just leaving it the way it is, which isn't helping at all.

Hi @mam98031, happy to dig into this and work with our Seller Hub/Tech teams to investigate. Can you send us some screenshots of what you are seeing in Seller Hub and the Resolution Center to the Community email address? Thanks in advance!

OK, but this can't possibly be a new issue.  It has been this way all along on the Seller Hub.

7.JPG

Hi @mam98031, it's probably not a new issue, I just usually need a recent example as a part of chasing down these kinds of issues so thanks for the screenshot!

As a note.  There is no specific spot for INRs either like the other types of things that need attention.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 48 of 51
latest reply

@flo_mingo wrote:

packing slip change- there is no way to add a personal message. WHY?

Hi @flo_mingo - there was a change to packing slips made, Trinton has more detail on that here

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 49 of 51
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dentalsales4u wrote:
How do you handle an INR case.
The buyer opened the case on June 23rd.
Tracking numbers got reversed in our shipping dept and he never received his item.
I over nighted him another one that day. He received and signed for it on June 24th.
How do I get him to close the case?

Hi @dentalsales4u, you have a couple of options - you can ask the buyer to close the case on their end if they are satisfied with the resolution you provide, or you can contact Customer Service to ensure the new tracking/shipment is properly noted in the return. Customer Service may not be able to close the case for you, but would be able to review our options and make sure that everything is recorded.

Message 50 of 51
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
As a Follow Up to the Marketing Month Series:

I just recently learned that back in April Google announced submissions to Google Shopping would be free. It's not clear whether it's free for everyone, or just sellers with their own websites. So my question is: does ebay continue to pay to submit to Google Shopping? Or is it now free? I do realize ebay pays for actual ads on Google, but I'm asking only about Google Shopping submissions.

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques I don't have knowledge of this beyond what we've recently stated on the podcast and in this announcement.  Harry gave this quote in the June 9th podcast, "I mean, we actually spend millions of dollars in order for all of our listings to show up in Google shopping. It's not a free service, but you as our sellers actually don't pay any extra for it. I think that's really important to understand. It's literally part of just the regular fees." This quote was made after Google's April announcement regarding Google Shopping. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 51 of 51
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: