cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uh oh, it's not you. It's us. Our server is down, but we'll....

I have multiple eBay stores, selling for over 10 years.

I feel I know eBay pretty well.

I don't expect a reply. I'm posting this in case others need to "pile on" with their experiences.

I do want (but again don't expect) a discount or compensation for times my accounts either aren't live, can't be searched or "our server is down" which wastes my time.

"aren't live" means I can't issue a cancel order or simply look at my orders.  (intermittent)

"can't be searched" no errors but I get zero (0) search returns on my store (as another user) to find products using words like "silicone" which are prevalent throughout my products. (intermittent)

I've reported these issues via previous phone calls. Incidentally, seller choices to talk to a live eBay representative have been reduced. Now, only few choices in customer service offer the chance to talk to a person. And THAT reminds me (while I'm not currently awaiting any call backs) call backs have been extremely delayed in the past few weeks. Given an estimate of 1 minute and the call comes 1 day later. To be clear eBay DID eventually return my call. My point is options to talk AND delays in getting an eBay rep have been greatly delayed.

(I've been told by eBay rep many more people are new users attempting to sell on eBay due to the pandemic causing delays. My response is, who does eBay value more, new or existing (TOP RATED) sellers.

Screenshots included.

Time and day for "uh oh" varies.

I may or may not reply to this thread. I've indicated the resolution is compensation.

Enjoy.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: uh oh, it's not you. It's us. Our server is down, but we'll....

I just went to my active listings and searched for an item and it brought up 25 items that are not the items I was searching for. How can one even trust eBay anymore as there seems to be glitch after glitch.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Their site is wonky and almost not useable this morning. Very frustrating. Making it hard to get orders out. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Every single time I place an item in my purchase box that I plan on buying  I get a message that the seller is on vacation and isn't processing orders at this time  . This has been happening for over a month now .  It doesn't matter what type of item it is or what seller  its coming from  I get the same exact message in bright red lettering ..  I just wonder how widespread   this obvious technical  issue is and how much business it may be costing e bay sellers ?  Tulips 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Problems,   Nothing but problems,    Pages won't load,    They're timing out.     The only thing working are these boards.    

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It seems to be working now.  At least for me it is.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Printing / using eBay most of the morning across my three stores when suddenly this error.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply