cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

store search and seller hub search is still not working

10 days ago some sellers were reporting that the store search was not picking up certain keywords

lo an behold I check my store and the same thing was happening

I informed CS and asked to be added to the ticket

if you search my store, "other items" or the seller hub "all listings" its still not working

if I try to search under Hamilton or elgin then the results do no show up

the results that do show up are recent auctions that I have just posted

the older items that are BIN are still unable to be searched from the three main areas

these areas are store search, other items and all listings search in seller hub

is anyone else still having this problem?

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If a search that has worked well previously suddenly starts behaving badly, often the problem has something to do with a faulty keyword substitution or an inappropriate automatic category navigation issue.

You can bypass many of these sorts of issues by putting one of your keywords in quotes. This forces eBay to bypass the "smart search" features and to search for the literal keywords without any substitution or category switching. You may have to manually specify your category once again.

I see results among your "items for sale" when searching using "elgin" but not when searching elgin.

Use the "Feedback?" icon link in the lower right corner of your "seller's other items" page to give eBay developers feedback about the search experience.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I am not able to search individual store inventories.  My store included.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@mrdeece 

This is a different issue than the one in the thread you are posting to.

See here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Left-navigation-bar-section-is-missing-fr...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

store search results not available 3/19/24

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

store search results not available 3/19/24

I am able to search your store by keyword, it is the list of filter options that does not appear on the left side of the page that the "seller's other items" link points to.

The original page with filter options is reachable through the Advanced Search using the Search by Seller option:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fss=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mrdeece&LH_SpecificSeller=1

Yes, it is an awkward workaround, but it is available until eBay fixes the other page or link.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hello, who did you contact and how did you contact them? 

Hello, I went to Help and Contact and it is all buy sell ship situations

I was thinking of Live Chat but these folks are just pacifiers for users who are too lazy to learn eBay.  They are not site problem solvers.

I am cooked with 800 Store listings and no way for the customer to search what they are looking for.

No business today.  I think the problem started for me last night but I was so busy listing I did not notice until today.  Not one sale today!

How do I contact eBay personal about this.  They have to know there is a problem.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply