cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sort button and view button do not drop down - why??

The sort button and view button upper right hand corner do not drop down. Click on it and nothing happens. Started 6/12/2019.  Cleared cache - restarted computer - didn't help.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: sort button and view button do not drop down - why??

@princess-sky 

What browser are you using?

Sort and View dropdowns are currently working for me in Firefox. I seem to recall a problem using those menus with Chrome last year; possibly the problem was related to an extension (ad block, perhaps?).

It might be worth trying a different browser altogether to see if that helps.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Hi. Yes, I have had the same problem as well.

It started for me today, June 13.

I tried on IE and Chrome and could not get any new results.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Started working for a short time then poof - went away again on 6/14/2019. Grrrrr. I like using GOOGLE for search! This is really not acceptable. Went to advanced search BY SELLER and there is no place to put in a seller's user name so that is useless too.....
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Same problem, both on IE and chrome, running on Win7 x64

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@wim.huyghe 

Same problem, both on IE and chrome, running on Win7 x64

I just tested a laptop with Win 7 (64-bit), and I could not recreate the issue; both Chrome (75) and Explorer (11) had working sort and view dropdowns for me. Signed in or not signed in, the dropdowns worked as expected.

Are you using any common add-ons or extensions in both of those browsers? If so, consider turning them off as a test.

If not, the next thing to look at would be your anti-virus or anti-malware software; see if shutting one or the other off fixes things.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Was working correct before a couple of days ago. No changes to plug-ins or anti-virus/malware. Appears Ebay.com works OK, Ebay.BE does not work ok.  

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@4uyours 

Went to advanced search BY SELLER and there is no place to put in a seller's user name

That is odd. Does this link work for you and let you search by seller?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=0&_byseller=1#byseller

If that does not work, try this link of your own items:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sofindtype=0&_byseller=1&_sasl=4uyours&_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_saca...

If that last link works, you can see another seller's items by substituting their username in place of yours in that URL.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@wim.huyghe 

Was working correct before a couple of days ago. No changes to plug-ins or anti-virus/malware.

It is possible that a change at eBay caused problems for folks using a certain plug-in or anti-virus program. But getting eBay to actually address the issue might be difficult and time consuming, so knowing the problem is related to a particular plug-in or program at least would give users the option to try an alternative and restore the functionality.

It is also possible that a recent update to a plug-in or anti-virus program is actually responsible, in which case eBay likely can do nothing to address it directly.

Appears Ebay.com works OK, Ebay.BE does not work ok.

I have seen several posts on the Member-to-member boards indicating that others are having the same problem; some might have been on ebay.be, but probably not all of them. Possibly the changes causing this issue have not propagated everywhere yet. Or else the problem is intermittent.

For others experiencing this problem, does ebay.ca work any better?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

All the problems I was having with search mysteriously fixed themselves about an hour ago....3rd time - eBay must be tinkering in the background. Thanks for the information!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Same here, Ebay.BE is also fixed! Nothing changed on my pc or browser...

Message 11 of 11
latest reply