cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resetting the page for viewing the items

i have 2 laptops and i get 2 different views when i'm looking at items for sale.   on the pc with win10 it seems to be a larger main photo and whne i put the mouse in the photo nothing happens like it used to do where it would blow up and be over to the right side and as i moved the mouse around the main photo that other photo would move.

now i have to click that main phot and then it blows up in that frame and moves in the frame. and it seems i lost the side panel that has the shop with confidence and seller info and save seller contact and store etc.

on the pc that has win11 it is still that old way. i have both pcs setting her now and looking at the very same item for sale and i get 2 different views.  it can't be the way the seller set his page up or both would be the same.  i did a reset on the win10 pc and it did not change so for some reason ebay has this win10 pc set to show a different page view than on the other win11 pc.   does anyone have a clue to this issue?

top photo is the win10 pc showing the same item and the win11 pc

bottom photo is the win11 pc showing the same item as the win10 pc

so why???  i want the old way back.  i did a restore to the win10 pc and it did not change

thanks20231027_084157.jpg20231027_084209.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It could be a cache or cookie issue.

However, that may mean that the next time you clear your cache and erase your eBay cookies (or when those are eventually overwritten on their own), the machine showing the old view may convert to the new view.

eBay may be testing new views on some user accounts, but users have no direct control over what view format eBay delivers, aside from old cookie or cache data possibly interfering with the new format, delaying it for a bit.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

i do not think it was cookies, i reset the cookies back 4 months. this issue started maybe 3 weeks ago. i have 5 laptops 4 are the same model the 6470b hp probook and one alldocube and this pc was the only one that had that issue. finally i just did a reset and it went away.  it may be possible that new view may show but i sure hope it is one that you can back out of. i hate that. new look. why ebay messes with stuff is beyond me. theya re as bad as yahoo always messing with a good thing.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply