cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my active listings have spontaneously disappeared

Over the last 24 hours about a 900 of my active listings have spontaneously disappeared and do not show in unsold or any other area of my account. there should be at least 9300 items in my store and it keeps changing between 7500 and 8600 items, Tech support told me this is a bug that has been affecting many sellers and they are working on it. That is no comfort since it appears to be widespread and has been going on for day, The issue is still not fixed! I wonder is our personal information at risk too?

Elizabeth
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Happening to many people??!! No idea....

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

did you sort out this? because I have same issue right now. thanks

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

I'm sure I have more, but I found one listing that is not showing in my active listings nor will it come up in a normal search on eBay.  It appears it is "gone", but when I search for it online using Google, I can find it and it is active and working.  My biggest issue is that it does not come up in search, so buyers do not see it and cannot purchase it.   My guess is I have about 100-120 listings "missing" since Friday when I did a bulk edit and had about 2250 listings.  Now I am at 2131.  Also, my "ending today" count shows 121, but when I click on it, only 6 come up.  

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Over 100 of my active listings are also missing tonight. They were there at noon today. Gone now. eBay must be having serious technical issues based on the current seller posts. AND.... did you notice that it is impossible to find a phone number now for Customer Service so a real person will help you. I hope this is temporary. I'm not going to talk to a computer that doesn't understand the question and gives wrong answers. 

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Yes, me as well.  I'm missing about 25 of 415 listings.  I can actually hit refresh and watch the number fluctuate.  Also, I'm getting different live item totals between the site on a laptop and the site on my phone.  I don't have the app as of 2 days ago when eBay discontinued support for the iPhone 5s.  So, looking in Chrome I get 2 different totals Chrome on my phone is saying 414 and on my Laptop 391.  414 is right (as best as I can reckon).

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Same problem.  We are down about 900 listings as well.  The first CS person "guessed" that maybe the listings have gone corrupt from using the 'sell similar' button too many listings deep.  And that we may hve to relist them all. We would have to do inventory of 12,000 items to discover which ones have disappeared.  Now the fear is that if we relist any of the missing ones, and the original ones suddenly show up.... we could sell an item twice but only have one item which would cause us to take a hit to our seller rating even though it was a technical glitch!

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anybody from eBay step in here and give us some insight as to what is being done to solve this problem?

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

We still have no resolution or answer to this problem.... And it continues to happen. So frustrating....

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Not sure if its the same thing you are talking about, but this been happening for few days for me. It varries, but at this time i have:

279 active

272 items in store

273 active items

So there is a visible difference between how many are active and how many are shown.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

This is happening to me too - started within the past 24 hours.

I should have 229 active listings in Seller Hub, but I just happened to notice earlier this evening that there were only 227. Checked through all my inventory IDs to determine which listings were missing, and they were nowhere to be found in active, sold, unsold, or by searching on the website.

A few minutes ago, one of them showed up again, and just now the other one came back, too. How long has this been happening? And why??

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Several of the missing listings also go missing from our Inventory Section.  So the whole listing just vanishes! Some of them just disappear from active listings and they can still be relisted from our inventory.  But they are not in the unsold... sold.... or ended listings.   They truly just vanish!

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Just happened to me.  Had a viewer's question about an item this morning, could not get to it until now. 

I have  - or HAD - about 70 listings.  Nothing now.  Judging from remarks about this at earlier dates, I might as well wait.  Since I pay for an eBay Store subscription, I hope this clears up real soon.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@stri_774 

Make sure you are signed in to your selling account. The account you are using to post was created in March and has no feedback, listings or store subscription.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

For some reason my account has been identified as stri_774.  Why, I do not know.  I suspect it may be a Google sync thing, which would only be accidental on my account.

I took your suggestion about signing in, and saw the variance.  My username has been dunker2 for over 20 year.  When I signed in with the right email (not my gmail), my account came right up.

Thanks for your suggestion.

dunker2

Message 15 of 21
latest reply