cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay showing buyers the most expensive shipping option

brian@ebay 

For the last month or so I've had several orders come in with FedEx Smartpost as the "buyer selected" shipping option.  In every case this was the most expensive option available.  I usually offer 1) FedEx 2Day (if the item qualifies), 2) USPS Priority, 3) FedEx Home, and 4) SmartPost.  

I contacted the most recent two and both buyers stated that the only shipping option they were shown was SmartPost. In both cases it was significantly more than FedEx Ground and in one case the most expensive option.

Of course eBay makes more fees on the higher shipping so it looks to all like you are padding your pockets with another "glitch".

Oh and by the way, rates for FedEx 2Day Express STILL don't show for packages 12x12x10 which falls below the max size requirement for the discount.  This has been broken for MONTHS.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: eBay showing buyers the most expensive shipping option

I know some other sellers are still intermittently experiencing this.  I was for awhile, but it got corrected & I haven't seen it again.  But, some of the sellers on my seller boards are still having issues with it happening. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@dtexley3 wrote:

brian@ebay 

For the last month or so I've had several orders come in with FedEx Smartpost as the "buyer selected" shipping option.  In every case this was the most expensive option available.  I usually offer 1) FedEx 2Day (if the item qualifies), 2) USPS Priority, 3) FedEx Home, and 4) SmartPost.  

I contacted the most recent two and both buyers stated that the only shipping option they were shown was SmartPost. In both cases it was significantly more than FedEx Ground and in one case the most expensive option.

Of course eBay makes more fees on the higher shipping so it looks to all like you are padding your pockets with another "glitch".

Oh and by the way, rates for FedEx 2Day Express STILL don't show for packages 12x12x10 which falls below the max size requirement for the discount.  This has been broken for MONTHS.

@dtexley3 if you can share the item numbers where the buyers stated this then I can get it reported. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

brian@ebay Just review the last dozen or so sales where there buyer "selected" SmartPost.  In *EVERY* *SINGLE* *CASE* the buyer got RIPPED OFF by eBay.   But it doesn't matter, eBay makes more money because it increases the fees they collect.   It really seems there is no respect for sellers or buyers.

Most recent sale : https://www.ebay.com/lbr/go?t=183863671031-2223067447008

Buyer didn't get hosed on this one.  Other services, including FedEx 2Day were only marginally cheaper.  But that is NOT the point.  eBay needs to STOP hiding the choices sellers want to offer.  Get out of the way.

90% of my business is now on other channels.  It's sad, eBay is it's own worst enemy, unhappy sellers leaving the site, unhappy buyers leaving the site.  Where does that leave eBay in the long run?????

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 4 of 4
latest reply