cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't add items to watchlist this morning and last night.

I tried to add items to watchlist a few time yesterday and this morning but don’t work.  My items are 65 items in watch list. And I can’t zoom the pictures to look closely at item and can’t move a picture to next picture. They seemed frozen.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I'm having the same problem, so you're not alone in that. The links to add items to my watchlists and cart were working last night, then suddenly stopped working and I can no longer add items to either. Though this sucks, I'm glad it's not just me that it's happening to.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Which app or browser are you using? Latest version?

How many active items on your Watch List? And how many ended items?

Can you delete items from your Watch List? If you do so, do the total numbers change?

Can you add items to your Watch List if you use a different browser?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I just got through with a chat session with an ebay rep. At one point he had me try adding an item to my cart and watch list using an incognito window... and for whatever reason those links did work then. I was able to add an item to the cart, and was able to add an item to my watch list. So maybe give that a try until the techs fix this issue.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

If an incognito browser window allows you to add items to your Watch List or cart, that might indicate an issue with your browser's cache or your eBay cookies. Try clearing your browser cache "for all time". If that does not help, try manually deleting just your eBay cookies.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Ok, thanks. I'll try that.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Same here in both Firefox and Safari - just started today. Pretty sure it's something that's changed at ebay's end as I've had no browser changes that might account for it.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Same here in both Firefox and Safari - just started today.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

How do you mean an incognito window? Same issues here starting today in both Firefox and Safari.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Chrome has an "incognito" browser window option; Firefox's version is a "private" window. Using a private or incognito browser window creates a separate browser session that ignores your browser cache and cookies. That can be useful for diagnosing problems with cache or cookies.

You should be able to start a private window session in Firefox by going to your File menu and choosing "New private window", then signing in to eBay and going from there.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Same problem.

When trying to add item to my watch list, I get a message saying "It's not you. Our servers are down."

Neither can I zoom in on a picture, or move on to the next picture.

I've had no browser changes, and have removed cookies and history without any success.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@rvan2 wrote:

When trying to add item to my watch list, I get a message saying "It's not you. Our servers are down."

Same here for a few days now on the UK site.

The only working way to add items to my watch list is to click the heart in the search list. The watch link on the actual item page just gets the error.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Using the incognito window WAS a temp fix to this problem, but it's not working any more now. Trying to purchase, add items to my various watch lists and zooming on photos... it's all dead in the water. Nothing is working! I've reported this to ebay twice, but they're not fixing the issue.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

What operating system are you using? Latest version?

Are you able to add items to your Watch List using a different device?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply