cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worldwide Shipping Exclusions bug - Ebay verified

For those of you who suddenly have tons of international shipping location exclusions added to your live listings, ebay just confirmed to me that this is a bug they are "working on". You may also find that if you EDIT any of your live listings, and CLEAR ALL EXCLUSIONS, and SAVE, your live listing does NOT update, and still has all the exclusions listed.

This has nothing to do with ebay supposedly excluding countries due to covid-19, as I have a country that I ship to that is not on the covid-19 list, yet my listings still exclude that country.

I reported this issue to ebay about a month ago, and just today, after numerous call backs and emails to them, they confirmed this is an issue.

If you are experiencing this, I suggest you call them as well or this will never get fixed. You can even reference escalation #1-259213157986 if you wish.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'm experiencing the same situation that you have described regarding international shipping location exclusions being added to my listings without my consent. Ebay seems to be adding international shipping location exclusions to all of my worldwide shipping locations. This is in my past, current and new listings.

I sold an item in late April 2020 to a buyer located in Israel.  Since the date of the purchase, the buyer has not been able to successfully pay. I have since been forced to go back and forth with the buyer via Ebay messages in order to find a solution. I've tried everything possible (attempted to clear all exempted shipping locations from the listing, added buyer to my exempted from buyer requirement list, sent the buyer multiple customized invoices with valid shipping options, called Ebay support) despite my extended efforts the buyer still cannot complete the checkout process.

I spent 1.5 hours today on the phone with Ebay support and they could not find a solution to my current sold item checkout issue or the issue of exempted shipping locations of all my listings. The Ebay representative whom I spoke with was understanding and apologetic about the issues that I have been experiencing, however he could not provide a valid reasoning or solution to the issues. 

Thanks israelstampsnet for your original post here. I did reference your ref #1-259213157986 during my call to Ebay today.  My ref # is 1-262942487136 in case you or anyone else needs to follow up/inquire with Ebay  please feel free to use the ref #'s provided above. Perhaps if a few more people contact Ebay with similar and valid issues  the "bug" will be eradicated. For now I have a buyer who likely thinks I'm messing around for some unexplainable reason.  

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Yes..this issue continues. And ebay continues to tell me they are "working on it."

It's been weeks now.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Yes, I reported this several days ago as well.  No response yet.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@ncfluxer wrote:

I'm experiencing the same situation that you have described regarding international shipping location exclusions being added to my listings without my consent.....  

eBay has been adding exclusions based on carriers' ability to ship and deliver items.  Here's a link to the USPS list of countries they can't deliver your package to for various reasons such as lack of transport:

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm

Here's an eBay Announcement, with internal updates, regarding shipping delays and exclusions:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Advising-you-about-shipments-during-COVID-19/ba-p/308179...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Nobody's perfect....Please stop giving this solution, as it is NOT the answer.

BECAUSE:

1) Israel is NOT on the USPS exclusion list, yet ebay is adding Israel to everyone's shipping exclusion list.

2) When you call ebay, they have NO CLUE as to why this is happening. If it was something they were doing automatically as you suggest, you'd think their support folks would know about it or be educated about it.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I realize that Israel is not on the USPS list. But it might account for other countries that eBay is excluding.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

It is now July 3rd. eBay has known about this problem for nearly 2 months and has done nothing to fix this problem yet eBay still expects me to pay my store fees.

The shipping exclusion list that eBay has placed on all of my listings is simply WRONG.

It does not match either the USPS list or more importantly for me it does not match the Canada Post list.

This is costing me business and it is costing eBay.  I have orders that I can't ship because the buyer is in a country I can't ship to and I have customers who can't buy because eBay is blocking them even though they are in countries that I can ship to.

If you can't fix the list then just remove it from all my listings!!!!!!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I called ebay again today about this. It's now nearly 3 months since this was reported, and it is costing me LOTS of business as well!

The issue (confirmed) is that you can't MODIFY your list of excluded countries after ebay went ahead and automatically added to the list without telling anyone.

At first the rep told me that the issue is scheduled to be fixed on SEPTEMBER 24th!!... I then exploded, and he went to a supervisor and they revised the date to July 13.

Personally I dont believe them, but they told me to call back on the 13th if it isnt fixed and reference # 1-269153518906.

Maybe if you call and that reference that, they push it some more, but I'm not hopeful about any of this...

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Has anyone finally receive any resolution on this? I recently created some shipping profiles with business tools that reflect pirate ship rates for int’l ...I didn’t exclude any countries and created my shipping favorites for both Canada and worldwide... I was really becoming frustrated and confused because all my listings say ship worldwide but all countries are listed as excluded...called eBay today and all they could say was this is a “bug” but left it really open ended... 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

It took three months, but ebay finally fixed this for me after MULTIPLE calls and escalations.

It just started working one day, with no notification from them.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply