cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are USPS Tracking Page and Ebay Delivery Information not in sync with each other?

Hello,

Ebay says `Item delivered!'

USPS says "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" and that status is stuck forever.

Why is that? 

(It's not a 1 time only thing. I've seen this may times with my items. I already had my items delivered 3 months ago but the USPS Agent is still `delivering` them in a parallel universe. A glitch in the Matrix?)

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Why are USPS Tracking Page and Ebay Delivery Information not in sync with each other?

Back a bit when USPS started using that status event code there were many issues with that status for eBay sales.

Many threads about it.

eBay considers it "delivered" to the address provided by the buyer (as it should)  That status protects the seller from erroneous "item not received" claims.

When the item gets to the FF the sellers job is done.

From there on it is between the FF and the buyer. (as it should be)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Perhaps that question would be better directed at USPS.

eBay, for our protection considers that action as "delivered".

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Different servers

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I asked USPS but i did not get an `answer` that answers my question.

Oh I didn't know that eBay considers `Delivery to agent ` as `Delivery to customer`.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Item is apparently mailed at the last point in the USA(Agent) per USPS and tracking then stops because it is currently in transit to Turkey where there are going to be so many days without any sort of tracking...whether by air or sea. Then usually tracking reappears usually in the country(Turkey) after it is physically in the country(Turkey).

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

It's not an issue about International shipments.

All my packages are from [any state] to Florida.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Back a bit when USPS started using that status event code there were many issues with that status for eBay sales.

Many threads about it.

eBay considers it "delivered" to the address provided by the buyer (as it should)  That status protects the seller from erroneous "item not received" claims.

When the item gets to the FF the sellers job is done.

From there on it is between the FF and the buyer. (as it should be)

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

That's what I thought but how can being on `different servers` explain a sync error that can't get fixed for 3 months?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

That makes sense now. Thanks for explaining it.

All my packages are delivered to a FF in Florida, so the USPS doesn't scan the packages for mass-delivery addresses and eBay fixes that issue by itself, by changing the status code accepted for `Delivered`, which creates a sync problem on eBay and USPS status pages.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply