cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did ebay "Fix" Now?! Page Headers that Drop Down as you Scroll are Screwing up Rendering!!

On Search Pages and Seller Hub Pages there is this new(?) page header that drops down as you scroll - They are so clunky and poorly programmed that they run about half the speed of your scrolling and by the time they catch up to where you are the page rendering is totally f'ed up with endless loops, black-outs, white outs, etc etc. - It was just fine before and this type of programming IS NOT HARD!! Its making page views on the site perform somewhere between generally frustrating to unusable-

WHY WHY WHY is ebay obsessed with BREAKING what isn't broke and NOT FIXING what is Broke??????

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: What did ebay "Fix" Now?! Page Headers that Drop Down as you Scroll are Screwing up Re

My view hasn't changed, but I'm on a browser. Out of curiosity, are you on a phone?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: What did ebay "Fix" Now?! Page Headers that Drop Down as you Scroll are Screwing up Re

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

My view hasn't changed, but I'm on a browser. Out of curiosity, are you on a phone?

Hi - No I too am on a Browser (Firefox up-to-date) - This has been going on well over a week for me now.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

If you are using a desktop browser, you may be able to block that feature using the element hiding tool of many ad blockers. Using a point and click interface, you may be able to highlight that drop-down and the ad blocker will create a rule that blocks it from appearing on the site.

The following rule seems to work for me in Ad Block to block the new search bar that drops down from the top of the page when scrolling:

www.ebay.com##DIV[class="m-items-header sticky-header"] 

If you want to try to block that header using the point and click element hider of your ad blocker, just be sure to scroll down the page to make the sticky header appear, otherwise you may block your standard search bar as well.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

My "Saved Searches" page, which I use several times a day, has now become huge so that the search button is on the far right and I have to move the page back and forth in order to use it. If I reduce the size of the page on my browser then all Ebay becomes too small.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

If you are using a desktop browser, you may be able to block that feature using the element hiding tool of many ad blockers. Using a point and click interface, you may be able to highlight that drop-down and the ad blocker will create a rule that blocks it from appearing on the site.

The following rule seems to work for me in Ad Block to block the new search bar that drops down from the top of the page when scrolling:

If you want to try to block that header using the point and click element hider of your ad blocker, just be sure to scroll down the page to make the sticky header appear, otherwise you may block your standard search bar as well.

I Like that - I think some of that may fix the problem - Im going to try it later and update - Thanks for posting that!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You are very welcome -- let me know how it goes or if you get stuck.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

That sticky header really **bleep** me off. Your fix worked like a champ, thanks.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply