cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website/Technical Issue

Time to vent some anger. 

Well, Ebay has done it again.

I for some reason can no longer see any emails from My Ebay newsletter, any promotional emails with coupons and free listings, and to top it all off, I call eBay and they don't know how to fix it.  Great site.  

Just so anyone whom points it out to me, yes my Notifications is checked to receive email from Ebay on my personal email and My Ebay messages on my account.  Still haven't receive them.  I only get the confirmed listing emails, the best offer emails, the sold emails, and the customer paid emails.  I no longer get any Annoucements, seller status updates, Newsletter, or any promotional emails from eBay.  I also can't click Announcements on Ebay.com because it sends me to..........a survey page and when I finish the survey it sends me back to the home page, every stinking time.  

I called and talk to two reps in the past 2 days.  One about listing issues and not seeing my "free listings" until they were almost expired and now a great deal of $50 off coupon that I can't use and now have to probably pay for a listing because the lady rep at "eBay" say to click the BIN button and then add the coupon code, well I did and lo and behold, coupon can NOT be used on this listing, error message comes up, now the lady rep is saying that the coupon will not work if the seller has restrictions( really? now you tell me after I bought the item). I tried this on 2 different sellers, both with 100% feedback and over 9,000 feedback and I am to assume both have restrictions on thier accounts?  Really?  

Well more money I don't have gone.  Helpful hint, check to see if the coupon is accepted before clicking pay now button and if you call Ebay about the issue, DO NOT click BIN as it will make you pay for the item without the coupon going through.  End of rant. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Website/Technical Issue

That redirect on the announcement page sounds like bad cookies.  

Try using ccleaner.exe  It's a free download that works better than the built in one.  

Also Chrome usually plays best with ebay.   If that's not working then try firefox.  

Also try using the browser in incognito mode without any add ons in case something is interfering.  

Can't offer any suggestions for the email portion.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Website/Technical Issue

So after several days, eBay finally tells me that the $50 coupon I received was actually from one seller who has a store selling items, but the coupon is only good for 2 of his items and both are way above the $50 mark.  The terms and conditions on the actual coupon never said the seller's ID nor store name, the items to be used on, nor any specific exclusions from any of the items except from 3 categories which the seller didn't even have any of his/her items in.  Still couldn't use it, the coupon says if amount is under $50, the difference would be null and void and its a one time use, so I tried to use it but to no avail.  Tried to buy something on the seller's page both multiple or one item, both above or below or exactly $50, to no avail again.  Finally found out coupon is from Playstation to be used on PS4 consoles only, or a bundle package of PS4 and games.  Seller only had 2 listings like that and still wasn't worth the coupon, too pricey. 

I like to point out to sellers: if you are offering a coupon, please, please, please make sure your coupon explains EXACTLY what the coupon is used for, where it can be used (do not just put eBay, but if its for your store only, add your store ID into the T&C of the coupon), how long it lasts, what items it is good for (if only available for a few items list the few items, please don't put this category as a few items is easier to find then finding and looking through several categories to find said products, and what is the coupon for and amount.  (example my "coupon" says good up to $50 items, can not be combined with any other offers, if you do not use all of the coupon, you void the difference and forfeit the rest of the coupon.  Now as this coupon is for $50 on a product $400 or more how is that even possible?  Again, please read over your coupons and terms and conditions and have someone else read them so it makes not only to you but to them as well.  

I like to thank the eBay customer support team for finally finding out the issue with the coupon and why it DID NOT work.  and I like to thank comics-scifi-collectibles (Rockstar) who replied to my previous post to help me fix this glitch as it wasn't a  glitch at all, but a poorly made up coupon with vague terms and conditions.  Thank you for reading. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply