cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We see a huge drop in sales and traffic occurring since July 1. Sales are currently down -45%.

We see a huge drop in sales and traffic occurring since July 1. Sales are currently down -45%. Traffic impressions falling since July 1. We see very poor search results and eBay search suggestions do not match key words. Search for Porcelain, eBay shows glass items. We had steady sales for 90 days until this happened. Now, nothing. What happened on July 1 that caused such a huge drop in activity?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: We see a huge drop in sales and traffic occurring since July 1. Sales are currently down -45%.

Besides all of the current economic factors, there is the traditional Summer Slump. Your items are nice, but not the kind of things flying off the shelf in July or August. Maybe sales will pick for the holidays! Good luck~

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Re: We see a huge drop in sales and traffic occurring since July 1. Sales are currently down -45%.

as a buyer i had to stop because Ebay itself is not working

when i bid on items i will see them on my summery or bids and offer page those pages are gone so there is no way to track your bids or warch the bidding. 

as a buyer your bidding blind you no longer can see the bids not even the iten itself once you placed a bid the item is gone from sight.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Part of the reason is that saved searches are no longer being displayed in user's tabs.  Users don't know an item is available and sales drop off.  In fact, my saved search tab shows NOTHING right now even though I can see items that match my search string when I search for it.  The change in the search engine may have caused people's saved searches to no longer display items on that tab.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

For the past 7 years, July has always been my slowest month.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Huge drop over here, both in the UK and US markets.

The best of lucks. Let's see what the future holds.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Yes the same here. Complete collapse in orders.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

I don't know what's happening but my traffic dropped dramatically in just one day. No sales for almost a month now. 

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

hello, im having the same issue now, any ideas on how to fix it?

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

any luck on fixing it?

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

And you have over 2300 listings!!! Wow, there is NO hope for me then.. 😕

Message 25 of 25
latest reply