cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View counter not working!!!

Item view counter is not working at all across all platforms for at least a week consistently. This is very frustrating as I cannot monitor my ads efficiently. The fact that such an important item is a known problem (amongst plenty of others) and has not been fixed speaks volumes of your concern for the very businesses that keep ebay alive as a company. PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!!!

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: View counter not working!!!

After calling in yesterday I was told that it is a "global" problem and they are working on it. I accept the answer, however I am very very unhappy with ebay currently. For those of us who depend on this information it seems ebay would work quickly to address concerns. Is it time to make the switch? Did ebay replace ceo with zuckerberg?? Where is the data dang it?? Lol

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

This seems to be a chronic issue with eBay. Really pathetic that they haven't fixed it yet!

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I have been having same problem for a while now. It's very frustrating to say the least.
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I called on 6/25, too. First I was told that eBay knew, and was rolling out the fix. I asked if eBay had made a general announcment about the problem, and was told no, it would confuse people. The rep also said - as I kept asking questions - that it was a general problem, and then that it was a limited problem... The horrible thing was when he said that IF you called and complained, then you got added to the list to get the problem fixed. I had him repeat it because I couldn't believe that was true. Sure enough, a few hours after the call, I had my page views back. For a few hours. Now it's not working again.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Glad it wasn't just me. Seems almost pointless to complain anymore. At leas we can all be miserable together lol

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

So frustrating and discouraging that they are unable to fix this after days and weeks....

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

I have been going with no view counter for several weeks. Every day I check to see if it’s been fixed and nothing. I don’t understand why a big company with the resources of eBay can’t get a problem fixed. Also the app is slow sometimes almost  unusable And sometimes the drop-down for shipping choices comes up blank. My business has dropped off a lot recently I can’t help but think it’s because of these problems

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

I've been experiencing this issue for about the last week. Many of my items (especially new listings) aren't getting the views they should....or at least the counter states so. I initially assumed the lack of views was due to the "late June blues" (at least with my business) since kids are out of school, summer has arrived, and people are starting their summer vacations. The "late June blues" is followed up with the 4th of July holiday for which is a time when people aren't typically shopping online. Late June and early July, IMO, are typical business slowdown times (business picks up for me after the 4th of July holiday). However, after a few days of the unbelievable lack of hits I began to wonder and started my own troubleshooting. Also, my counters were sometimes showing "hyphens" in lieu of numerical values. I deleted all my cookies, refreshed the browser and disabled my anti-virus program to no avail. Then, I "refreshed" my browser and some numerical values came up. I "refreshed" by browser again and a "different" set of numerical values came up. Each time I "refreshed" my browser the numerical values would erroneously change. I had a counter related issue about 4 months ago and called eBay's CS. The numerical values were different on the counter with the CS agent. We ascertained that it was a browser issue...the CS was using Google Chrome and I was using Microsoft Edge. At that time eBay's technical department was only doing Q/A testing with Google Chrome. I politely stated to the CS agent that only about half of all internet users use Google Chrome. She agreed and file a report with the technical department. Anyway, that's my two cents worth. Hope this helps. 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I called last week and was told it was their problem and would add me to their list. This has not changed a thing. I feel with all their so called experts that a simple thing like this would be fixed. I have one suggestion, if everyone who is having this problem demands a partial refund for the service your paying for but not receiving from eBay, they might get off their duffs and do something JUST ATHOUGHT

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Come on E-BAY This has been going on way to LONG!! I want to see my Views!

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Same problem here 😞 Very frustrating to not see my views! this has been going on for over a week...

Ebay, you need to make this right!!

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I think all of eBay's customer support staff must be on summer break, at least mentally...

Hello eBay, anyone there? We the overcharged, ignored sellers are still not seeing item

view counts on many/most of our listings.  This is an ONGOING ISSUE!

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Well, I searched to see if others were still having this problem and found this thread. Noticed someone said they refreshed and then saw views. Unbelievable - I just tried that and saw views ... BUT (wait for it) ... one item has 0 views and 2 watchers! A few days ago I listed something and it immediately showed something like 1440 Views within a minute.

Guess we shouldn't hold our breath waiting for this to be fixed

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

IMHO, the reason for the view counter not working consistently (or at all in many cases) is twofold:

1) The bean counters at eBay have decided to relegate the view counter to the task of counting eBay's profits instead of counting the views on our listings.

2) The programmers at eBay are too busy trying to find new ways to bombard us with unwanted advertising, rather than fix the GD'd view counter.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply