cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating address from account settings fails when the site language is set to Japanese

I have tested this on Windows 10 with google chrome set to use Japanese as browser language and on ubuntu with chrome set to use English.   

Precedure for replicating the issue: 

1 . set the site language to Japanese  

2.from ebay top, click the left top account settings  link

3.click the addresses link 

4.click the edit link next to Shipping address  

5.click edit buttom on the default shipping address  

results in a redirect to the top with the following message:    

It’s not you. It’s us.

Our server is down, but we’ll have things back to normal soon. If you still need help, visit our help pages.

I have reported this issue and another to the customer service but they are believing that I am having an issue changing the site language from Japanese to English. They seem to be rather seriously broken too though I understad they deal with crazies daily and a bit fed up.    

Another more subtle issue that I could not replicate.   
After moving the house, I made a purchase and updated my ship to adderess in checkout page. That somehow failed without my knowledge but the item was still shipped; to my old address of course.    
It is quite possible that I am imagining this as I cannot replicate the issue but I recommand checking that tests on this part exist. I mean when the "ship to" address update fails for some reason in checkout, the failure must be made visible on the client side and proceeding with the purchase prevented.     

It is unthinkable that I should find a bug in a web giant like Ebay but looking at how sorry the state of internatinalization is, I guess something was wrong with the design when it was introduced. When Japanese is set as the site language I get a motley of English and Japanese depeding on which page; for instance page top is in Japanese but account settings is in English and down the directories again some Japanese; which makes reporting and asking question hard for the users of either language. And of courge, internationalization normally does not break anything.    

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0