cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable To Filter Search Results in Women's Tops

When I click on women's tops, I see various billboards ~ no filters on the left-hand side. I can click what type of top I am looking for in the top billboard (Shop by Style .... i.e. Tunic Tops, but am only provided with more billboards to look at .... once again, not able to filter out what I want to look at .... size, color, brand, fabric type, etc. I'm look at this on my desktop; not a cellphone.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unable To Filter Search Results in Women's Tops

It sounds like you're on a Browse page. In your URL, do you see "bn_XXXXX"? These pages are designed to "narrow" down your search.

Browse: https://www.ebay.com/b/Womens-Tops/53159/bn_661824

Search Results: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=womens+tops&_sacat=53159

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

No .... It's only in the Tops Section of Women's Fashion. All the other categories I checked looked fine (i.e. activewear, pants, sweaters, etc.). I'm assuming they are working on something in this section. As I mentioned before, this is my view on a laptop; I can still search when using a cellphone.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You need to post the URL or a screenshot for what you are seeing. There are a half dozen or more ways to get to and views of search/browse pages on eBay these days.

I (shudder) started at the eBay homepage, then picked the fashion category from the top nav bar, then Tops&Blouses from the expanded Women's Clothing subsection on the left nav bar under Shop by category, and ended up on a page titled "Women's Tops for Sale" that had a "Shop by Style" filmstrip on the top, was in the "Tops" sub-category, and had all the normal filters (size, style, brand, condition, etc) on the left nav bar. https://www.ebay.com/b/Womens-Tops/53159/bn_661824

I backtracked to Fashion category, navigated back down to the same page (exact same URL), but that version had no filters
under the categories on the left nav. That page was just a stack of filmstrips like "Shop by style", "Save more on our Value Tops", "Hot this week", "Save on Women's Tops", "Make an offer", "Check out our Premium Tops", a "Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers." eBay link to selling, "Explore our Luxury Tops", "Stay trendy with our Contemporary Tops", and then a big "Women's Tops and Blouses: Women’s tops and blouses come in all different colors, styles, silhouettes, and fits. Some cuts are particularly flattering on lots of silhouettes. Use accessories to dress tops up or down for different occasions...." text guide-like section at the bottom.

This appears to be eBay's new "push the cow says moo button" Speak-and-Spell approach to search and narrowing things down, and appears to not always follow the same path.

I'm using Firefox 3.6.24 and Firefox 31 on desktop. I never browse or search from the top down - I always do specific searches, work back up if results are too narrow, and just don't run into this eBay nonsense.

Not sure what to tell you or what you want exactly. All I can suggest is to search from something very specific using keywords (women's tunic top silk) which should break you out of the "browse" mode". Then work back up to broader categories by removing search terms and picking parent categories on the left nav or in the search bar drop down.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply