cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNABLE TO PULL UP EBAY.COM FOR DAYS - SERIOUS ISSUE!!!

This is ridiculous that you cannot even pull up ebay.com without getting an error and internet shuts it down. I would probably get just as much exposure selling my stuff on Facebook marketplace...and it is free. I hope this gets corrected soon. I can tell this is an issue based on the number of views that I am getting on my items.

Message 1 of 188
latest reply
187 REPLIES 187

Re: UNABLE TO PULL UP EBAY.COM FOR DAYS - SERIOUS ISSUE!!!

@yumi7410 

Thank you! Refreshing to see that all things are not eBay's fault.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 91 of 188
latest reply

@berserkerplanet 

I know you are a fan of FireFox, as am I, and you have much knowledge of browser functionality. Have you seen this link? - https://www.techsupportall.com/how-to-fix-internet-explorer-has-stopped-working/

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 92 of 188
latest reply

I found a WORKAROUND for this issue that lets me run ebay on IE.  I am using IE v11 with Windows 7.  IE would always stop running ONLY when I tried to open ebay.  I found there was a conflict with MSHTML.dll, which I could not resolve.  So I tried the right click menu option "Run as Administrator" to open Internet Explorer and it was able to open and run ebay just fine.  No troubles at all.  Until ebay fixes their website this work-around is good for me.

Message 93 of 188
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmmmmm, 3 weeks and counting with this issue. I wonder HOW many sales we've LOST because of it?!? B (
Message 94 of 188
latest reply

hi, I thought it was because I am new that my products are getting very few views. I am asking myself where are these 179 mm viewers Ebay brags about? I am also unable to pull up the ebay.com website, my solution is:

Google ebay, scroll all the way down and click on the link ebay usa then select the link called United States of America once you are on ebay do not go to the main homepage at all. remain withing the sellers dashboard.

I use windows and IE.

Message 95 of 188
latest reply

@be-honest 

Awesome. A workaround is as close to a solution as we are likely to get on this issue. Thanks for responding! Hope it can work for others.

For others, if you do not wish to right click each time you run IE, do this one time...

1) Right click on the IE shortcut,

2) Click properties,

3) On the Shortcut tab, click Advanced,

4) Check the box to 'Run as Administrator',

5) Click 'OK'

Message 96 of 188
latest reply

A quick note here, before detractors of workarounds, get started.

It might not be a good idea to set your IE as administrator permanently as I outlined above. Another member let me know that that can be a bad idea.

If you run IE as an Administrator, do it only for eBay. Do not do this for trips to other sites. eBay has a 'no-script' policy, other sites do not. This can be potentially dangerous. Even eBay has third party adds with scripts in them.

Thanks to @berserkerplanet  for the heads up.

Message 97 of 188
latest reply

@be-honest 

I'm also running Windows 7 and IE 11 and having the same problem and was one of the first to report it to eBay.

I and a few other posters have offered a work-around that works for us (which is how I'm here now posting).  The problem appears to only be with the eBay Homepage, so you should be able to sign-in on another eBay page.  I used a Community Boards page to sign-in.  You may still get another hang-up or two during the process (each day is a little different).  If you do, just close the page and go back to it, and complete the sign-in process.

The biggest concern is that only a small percentage of eBay Members use Community Boards and most Members are not aware of any work-around.  Some may call eBay (like I did originally), but hearing the "clear cookies and cache theme" over and over is not helpful and doesn't work (and I don't want to use Chrome).  Many new potential Customers can't access the website, and will just give up and go to another e-merchant site to make a purchase.  I'm seeing many Members reporting little or no views on their listings.  The only solution is for eBay to fix this ASAP, as it appears to be reducing sales dramatically.

Message 98 of 188
latest reply

Sorry, but this work-around (running IE11 as administrator) no longer works for me.  The only solution I have now is to bypass the ebay home page by using a back-door URL, or using another browser, such as Firefox.  Not every ebay shopper will know this, meaning lost sales on ebay and more sales on Amazon.

Message 99 of 188
latest reply

Just checking back to see if alan@ebay had ever returned with a response.    Guess ebay employees don't communicate with each other.   

Message 100 of 188
latest reply

I have had the problem for about 3 wks.  I don't know if it is the banner ad at the top of the site or something else.

I did find a way to get around the problem.  If you have a saved email from an order, open it and click on Order Details.  It will open ebay without the problem and you can search or go to my ebay.  It works for me, but one shouldn't have to do this to bring up the website.  Try this if you are having the same problem.

Message 101 of 188
latest reply

@kathieskorner 

No response and more issues today (I just spent a couple of hours on the phone with eBay). 

eBay Concierge Support informed me that they did not see any record of the eBay Homepage issue reported as a system wide problem, nor was there any ticket opened to address this.  They Rep. couldn't even find notes from when I reported this to Concierge two weeks ago.

And ...... curiously this morning, I stopped receiving Community Board Notification Alerts (showing members marking my posts "Helpful" and Replies to posts), including yours at 10:53:41 AM.  I noticed I only had 1 or 2 Notifications last night, when I typically receive many.  Then only a couple in the early morning and then they all stopped.  Yours should have triggered an alert (bell goes red) and info record, but I received neither.

I just joined Community Boards last month, but I think my posts and messages are resonating with Members.  In the very short time I've been posting I've become the #1 Most Helpful Author at Technical Issues (last 30 days) and #2 at Selling (7 days), and near the top in other categories and overall.  I don't use social media of any kind (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and don't care about this recognition, but that says something.  If I'm not receiving Notification Alerts, then I don't know someone replied to me, so I can respond.  I'm also not sure if someone giving me a "Helpful" is even being recorded anymore?  I saw my profile info stuck at 438 Helpful and 193 Posts for a long time. 

alan@ebay 

Can you please help to address the eBay Homepage Issue and insure that there is a proper ticket generated.  eBay Customer Support should also have this in their System Wide Report, so they can update customers calling in. 

doug@ebay 

Can you please let me know why my Notification Feed stopped working?  Are all "Helpful" tags being counted?  Can you please address this and make sure I'm receiving Notification Alerts and Info.

Message 102 of 188
latest reply

Hi @greg5000,

Thanks for all of your contributions here on the Community. With stats like that, it looks like your posts are resonating well with others! 

I can assure you that this is being looked into. 

Regarding notifications here on the Community platform, there was a brief outage today. Our platform vendor experienced issues. Normal service should be restored and all Helpful ratings should be counted and correct. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 103 of 188
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow my view count is so low Some have only 1 and few have 2 .How is that going to get my items sold? When will this be fixed? Or is there other issues why my view count is so low on none for the past 3 weeks?

Message 104 of 188
latest reply

@Anonymous 

@kathieskorner 

I think there are a number of things contributing to this, but I do think that the Homepage Sign-in Issue is a major factor.

You look like a Great Seller!  Cool clothes, nice jewelry, and many recent movies on DVD (I didn't see any I was in ...  I did some featured background work, in films shot in San Francisco from ~ 2011 to 2018).   You have excellent photos and your pricing is spot-on for quick sales.  There is no reason for you not to be selling often and in alignment with your sales metrics over the past year.

Message 105 of 188
latest reply