cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So trying to refute a not as described claim and ask eBay to step in and it's in a constant loop?

How to get eBay to rule on an invalid Not As Described Return? None of the ask eBay links show in seller hub?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

So trying to refute a not as described claim and ask eBay to step in and it's in a constant loop?

Need more information.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If you are trying to get eBay to step in as a seller, you are 99% likely to lose as the system is automated and no one at eBay will be looking at any evidence you provide.

You might be able to appeal after eBay refunds the buyer but I will ask others to chime in on that process and if it is worth pursuing. 

Might also be worth providing more detail as to what has transpired so far if you care to do that.

Posting ID
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@95sqn 

eBay does not see ‘not as described’ cases as invalid. To fight (or ask eBay to step in) is a waste of your time.

Work with the buyer in hopes they don’t ruin the item. If they send it back in good condition you will be able to resell it and recoup some $$.

Your items have a return policy. That means you take returns for any reason. I’m not sure why you’re fighting this. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@dryophelia wrote:

@95sqn 

eBay does not see ‘not as described’ cases as invalid. To fight (or ask eBay to step in) is a waste of your time.

Work with the buyer in hopes they don’t ruin the item. If they send it back in good condition you will be able to resell it and recoup some $$.

Your items have a return policy. That means you take returns for any reason. I’m not sure why you’re fighting this. 

Good point, if it is that tunic, the listing accepts returns. The OP is trying to lose the item and the money.

Posting ID
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

OK it seems I'm not alone in attempting to fight questionable (what used to be called SNAD) Significantly Not As Described Claims without success. The sale of unique high value collectible items (say $100 and up) requires a degree of buyer protection which is no longer provided by eBay. The return was forced and  a claim initiated by me was decided in the buyers favor with a full refund including $98 USPS Priority Int'l shipping to LITHUANIA. End result sees me being Fined by eBay twice the amount earned on the sale. How is this anyway fair? This single sale has cost me around $130. more if I'm to pay for the return of my item We have discontinued Int'l Shipping and henceforth will ship to US address only. What happened to the Seller ability to exclude buyers with any Negatives? We have always accepted Zero feedback newbies and were glad to set a high bar for their first eBay experience Sadly eBay persists in trying to turn into Amazon with a very different clientele and markets. Get the item you ordered or get your money back and complain for any reason and get it free! The ultimate response to the Claim framed me as the unresponsive seller and has to have been AI at work. Ebay needs to back this flawed forced return policy with SELLER protection especially for postage. USPO got the $98 I was forced to refund. Worst part is eBay kept the Fees too! How is this fair and reasonable? Sold and (so far) lost a good quality $150 vintage item and have been FINED $130 by eBay Sellers are the sole source of non-advertising revenue for eBay How about fair treatment!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@95sqn 

As a seller, a complete fail as predicted in posts above.

Here is how it goes down in a INAD type return...... no matter what you think, this is it in online sales here on eBay. 

If the buyer opens a Item Is Not As Described type return case, you have choices.

1. You can refund the buyer now and let the buyer keep the item. eBay refunds the final value fees on the sale to you, the seller.

2. If you want the item back before refunding, accept the return and make sure a prepaid return label is available in the return case. The buyer returns the item and then you refund in full. eBay refunds the final value fees on the sale to you, the seller.

Seller protection:
Top Rated Sellers who accept 30 day returns and sellers who offer free 30 day returns can do partial refunds, up to 50%, if the item is returned in a condition different than when you shipped it.

3. Do nothing, contest the case or allow eBay to handle the case, eBay will close the return, refund the buyer and allow the buyer to keep the item. You also receive a serious defect on your seller account for having eBay step in and refund, thus doing your job as a seller. And, eBay keeps the final value fees for the transaction.

Here is an eBay link with just about all you need to know.
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handle-return-request-seller?id=4115

Posting ID
Message 7 of 7
latest reply