cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listing Option Not Showing Up in Auction Listings

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this problem but my listings are not giving options for promoting a listing es pecially for Auction listings.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes very bad. I really liked using this option for running auctions.

And now is EBay going to charge the full percentage just like they charge on buy it now listings?

And now running auctions this week, do I have no option to promote the auctions running this week?

I run 6-15% on the suggested ad rate on most of my buy it now listings.  Which is going to add additional fees, so will not make auctions as attractive from a seller perspective. 

How can we know how much we want to spend promoting an item if we don’t know the final price that it is going to selll?

Count me as someone not happy about this change, thus far at least. Let me know if anyone has heard anything additional.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@chubbycatcollectibles it's not a technical issue, it's an intentional change.

eBay discontinued Promoted Listings Express for Auctions on April 15. Starting April 29, you'll be able to add auction listings to Promoted Listings Standard campaigns instead.

More info:

https://www.ebayads.com/2024/04/04/grow-your-business-with-promoted-listings-standard-now-in-place-o... 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Promoted-Listings-ebay-message/td-p/34400923 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes very bad. I really liked using this option for running auctions.

And now is EBay going to charge the full percentage just like they charge on buy it now listings?

And now running auctions this week, do I have no option to promote the auctions running this week?

I run 6-15% on the suggested ad rate on most of my buy it now listings.  Which is going to add additional fees, so will not make auctions as attractive from a seller perspective. 

How can we know how much we want to spend promoting an item if we don’t know the final price that it is going to selll?

Count me as someone not happy about this change, thus far at least. Let me know if anyone has heard anything additional.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You just wrote my thoughts exactly.  Why do they change things that aren't broken.  Just like the listing tool for removing photos now take 3 clicks instead of one.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I took a further look into this new feature and I don't like it at all.   I still don't see how you promote an auction listing.  Their explanation is not clear. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply