cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Not Working Again

tactical_guns
Adventurer

I have tried to use PayPal for (2) days now and it won't log me in for purchases on Ebay. When I enter my username and password the login window keeps coming back with blank results. Anybody have a clue?  Everything worked fine prior to (2) days ago. I have done all of the usual troubleshooting - no success.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: PayPal Not Working Again

I am having the same problem. I can log into my PayPal account fine from the PayPal home page but I CANNOT log in to PayPal from the eBay "pay now" page or from the invoice that the eBay system sent me. I tried two different computers and got the same results.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

same thing!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I got this reply when I posted same issue:

Re: problems with paypal?
in reply to 02-07-2020 01:10:29 PM
Last Edited 02-07-2020 01:11:13 PM

@deirkiki  Here's my full list of things to try>

This are the things that members have said worked for the current paypal checkout issue:
#1  Use private browsing
#2  Add paypal to your ad blockers whitelist 
 ( probably why #1 works)
#3 Checkout with Firefox.  

These are things that have worked in the past when buyers can not checkout.     

1) try checking out on the Canada Site  https://www.ebay.ca/

2)Have you tried using another browser on a PC? Firefox and Chrome usually work best. IE doesn't play well with ebay.

3) add the item to your cart first instead of using buy it now on the item

4) if you have two factor authentication turned on for paypal turn it off then try checking out.... you can always turn it back on later

5)Have the seller send you an invoice and then you pay by clicking pay now from the email

6) log into paypal on a pc on one tab.  Then on another tab go to your item awaiting payment and try paying

7) Link ebay and paypal>  my ebay> account> paypal account> 

8  Unlink ebay and paypal My ebay>account> paypal> unlink is after your email address.  Clear browser history.   Then try paying again.    

That's all I got.      

0 Helpful
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I also got this info when I commented that ebay to paypal worked ok for me on feb 3, 2020:

I've been seeing reports on the tech issues board that members started having problems in just the past few days and the adblocker seemed to be the issue...

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

tactical_guns
Adventurer

PayPal is now working again.  No explanation or reason why it didn't work for the las (2) days. Everything is the same as far as my Firefox browser settings, etc. that I always use. Nothing on my part was changed, so it appears it was an Ebay problem or issue. At any rate it is working now almost (2) days after the initial problem started.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for your suggestions. I did almost all of those suggestions except logging in to the Canada site. At any rate this evening (exactly 2 days later) the PayPal login issue now mysteriously works.  Everything on my part was unchanged, Firefox browser settings, etc., so it would appear to have been an Ebay issue - whatever that issue was.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Yesterday it had worked for me one time, but failed the other. So I paid with my Mastercard instead of PayPal. As for now I no longer care about that. I quit shopping at Ebay. Screw their glitchy system and their incompetent business management.  It can be dangerous for my money and time which is money.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

PayPal not working again on ebay checkout. Second time in about a week. Last time it just started working later the next day. Last time I called ebay and they said it was on their end. Don't understand why this keeps happening. Lousy shopping experience, and vendors can't make sales if buyers can't pay. You would think ebay would fix this pronto. Ebay used to be a solid company. Not anymore. Just imagine how well PayPal checkout will work once ebay and PayPal cut their ties at the end of this year.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Same here..
Message 10 of 10
latest reply