cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other Ebay Users Info in Notifications

I have contacted customer service 3 times in the past 10 days. I keep getting told this is a known glitch and will get taken care of. In the top right corner the notification bell keeps showing me notifications for other ebay users. Return requests for other sellers, offers from sellers for buyers, etc. It has even showed at one time I had 47 items in my shopping cart. I had zero. Also the first day this happened I got a pop up qr code from ebay for a "Bob"... My names not Bob. I have gone through the same song and dance over and over with ebay. Time is money. I would rather be listing than speaking with customer service. The notifications are happening again tonight. My question is... When will it be resolved and fixed? This has never happened on other selling platforms. It makes me very uncomfortable seeing other sellers and buyers info. Who's seeing mine? I feel like this is a security issue with this online platform. After 10 days it's still happening... is it not a priority to get fixed if it's been a "Known Glitch" for 10 days? I have taken screen shots from my iphone to try and attach them to this post but it says file is too big.  Here is the error message I get for that. The file F912F5FD-B0FF-4161-BF5E-2AD9E0BD2794.jpeg exceeds the maximum file size of 3072K. Reduce the file size and try again. Why can this not be an easy process? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Here are the screenshots. I was able to resize the photos.  And the notification was for John... not Bob.regardless my name is Ashley not John or bob.EFF410BC-CDB2-4CC8-B638-DC22FF8A4F73.jpegF912F5FD-B0FF-4161-BF5E-2AD9E0BD2794.jpeg

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@beautyinterrupted wrote:

I have contacted customer service 3 times in the past 10 days. I keep getting told this is a known glitch and will get taken care of. In the top right corner the notification bell keeps showing me notifications for other ebay users. Return requests for other sellers, offers from sellers for buyers, etc. It has even showed at one time I had 47 items in my shopping cart. I had zero. Also the first day this happened I got a pop up qr code from ebay for a "Bob"... My names not Bob. I have gone through the same song and dance over and over with ebay. Time is money. I would rather be listing than speaking with customer service. The notifications are happening again tonight. My question is... When will it be resolved and fixed? This has never happened on other selling platforms. It makes me very uncomfortable seeing other sellers and buyers info. Who's seeing mine? I feel like this is a security issue with this online platform. After 10 days it's still happening... is it not a priority to get fixed if it's been a "Known Glitch" for 10 days? I have taken screen shots from my iphone to try and attach them to this post but it says file is too big.  Here is the error message I get for that. The file F912F5FD-B0FF-4161-BF5E-2AD9E0BD2794.jpeg exceeds the maximum file size of 3072K. Reduce the file size and try again. Why can this not be an easy process? 

@beautyinterrupted  sorry to hear this is happening to you. It's actually a "known issue" that has been going on for over a month.

An eBay community rep responded here with a ticket number to contact support and add yourself to.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Notifications-not-from-my-account/m-p/3336... 

Since you've already contacted support that may not help, but unfortunately there's not much else to do until eBay fixes the issue.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply