cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order detail page doesn't balance, once again due to missing data.

Like several pages I could mention, the financial information is incorrect on the orders detail page.  It doesn't display the discount given to the buyer making the totals out of balance.  Once again, there needs to be a more effective QA process for page updates!

tyler@ebay 

CorrectCorrectTotal is correct, math is IncorrectTotal is correct, math is Incorrect

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Order detail page doesn't balance, once again due to missing data.

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @dtexley3 - can you let me know how this discount was issued so I can best report it? Was it from a combined invoice you sent, a combined shipping rule on the account level or some other sort of promotion?

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It was a combined order, Invoice/Total requested by the buyer.  The first image includes the order #.   The buyer was quoted (by me) $18 shipping and handling for the items and a discount on the items because they ordered in quantity.  I manually entered 3.60 into the discount field.  The copy of the invoice emailed to me clearly shows the discount, just the orders page is missing the information.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@dtexley3 

Sorry to "jump in" but have you ever heard or seen anything like this? 

I searched "order detail page doesn't balance" and your post popped up

Sounds like some of the same things you mentioned but with added twists IMO

tyler@ebay 

Have an issue with the order details page not balancing too and wanted to share a similar situation that has happened to me more than once and I cannot figure out why.

Not a discount I offered or invoiced but a system generated promotional discount. 

I actually called & reported to CS this issue Sunday evening.

Record number 37179 (09-03873-45920) and record number 37178 (09-038783-45921)

This is "one" sale - I am running a buy 3 get 1 free promotion and somehow someway this order was split into 2 by the system.

If you line up the single item purchased from 37178 you will see that the user purchased a $7.99 item with free shipping and paid $6.75 (discounted $1.24 but the record has no line mention showing of that discount)

If you look at the 37179 record you will see that they purchased 3 items ($3.99, $5.66, $7.99) and paid $17.64 +$5.99 shipping which should equal $23.63 but the total (and don't misunderstand) shows $20.88 (discounted $2.75 and again no line mention showing that discount )

At face value the buyer did get the correct promotional discount of $3.99 ($2.75 off one order + $1.24 off another) or the lowest priced item in their order - the "free" one. 

But it took a look of flipping back and forth to see that since the detail page shows no discount or explanation

If you look at a similar promotional sale (4 items - BOG1W4 ) from my sales last night you will see that this usually works correctly and the record shows a "prorated" discount across all the items in the order equivalent to said "free item" - And I understand exactly why it is done that way. 

I just do not understand why it divided that (first mentioned order into 2) - and this is not the first instance of this exact situation happening either. AND clearly it is not that the buyer themselves that did this but it is interesting to note that paypal shows 2 separate payments for those orders too.  I even asked another buyer before (when the same situation happened) if they had made 2 payments/separate orders and they confirmed that no - they had just placed the 4 items in their cart and paid. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@toomstoys wrote:

@dtexley3 

Sorry to "jump in" but have you ever heard or seen anything like this? 

I searched "order detail page doesn't balance" and your post popped up

Sounds like some of the same things you mentioned but with added twists IMO

tyler@ebay 

Have an issue with the order details page not balancing too and wanted to share a similar situation that has happened to me more than once and I cannot figure out why.

Not a discount I offered or invoiced but a system generated promotional discount. 

I actually called & reported to CS this issue Sunday evening.

Record number 37179 (09-03873-45920) and record number 37178 (09-038783-45921)

This is "one" sale - I am running a buy 3 get 1 free promotion and somehow someway this order was split into 2 by the system.

If you line up the single item purchased from 37178 you will see that the user purchased a $7.99 item with free shipping and paid $6.75 (discounted $1.24 but the record has no line mention showing of that discount)

If you look at the 37179 record you will see that they purchased 3 items ($3.99, $5.66, $7.99) and paid $17.64 +$5.99 shipping which should equal $23.63 but the total (and don't misunderstand) shows $20.88 (discounted $2.75 and again no line mention showing that discount )

At face value the buyer did get the correct promotional discount of $3.99 ($2.75 off one order + $1.24 off another) or the lowest priced item in their order - the "free" one. 

But it took a look of flipping back and forth to see that since the detail page shows no discount or explanation

If you look at a similar promotional sale (4 items - BOG1W4 ) from my sales last night you will see that this usually works correctly and the record shows a "prorated" discount across all the items in the order equivalent to said "free item" - And I understand exactly why it is done that way. 

I just do not understand why it divided that (first mentioned order into 2) - and this is not the first instance of this exact situation happening either. AND clearly it is not that the buyer themselves that did this but it is interesting to note that paypal shows 2 separate payments for those orders too.  I even asked another buyer before (when the same situation happened) if they had made 2 payments/separate orders and they confirmed that no - they had just placed the 4 items in their cart and paid. 

Hi @toomstoys, sorry for the confusion this caused. The reason the items were split into two orders is due to Guaranteed Delivery. One of the items was advertised with a Guaranteed Delivery date to the buyer, the other three were not. In situations like this the orders need to be split into two so that Guaranteed Delivery does not apply to all of the items, but instead is only applied to the items that advertised it to the buyer. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

It was a combined order, Invoice/Total requested by the buyer.  The first image includes the order #.   The buyer was quoted (by me) $18 shipping and handling for the items and a discount on the items because they ordered in quantity.  I manually entered 3.60 into the discount field.  The copy of the invoice emailed to me clearly shows the discount, just the orders page is missing the information.

Thanks, @dtexley3. I've gone ahead and reported this.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 6 of 6
latest reply