cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account With Zero Feedback Bypassed Seller Preferences & Made Purchase

Today, an item in my store was purchased by a brand new user account with 0 feedback. My seller preferences specifically prevent anyone with 5 or fewer feedback from buying my merchandise. I am 100% certain it is a user I was compelled to block on another account because he harassed me for over 6 months about lowering the buy it now price of the exact same listing. That's ban evasion, and it's the 2nd time in 2 months it's happened to me.

Unfortunately, eBay customer service is currently "down," so I have no way of ascertaining how a 0 feedback account was able to buy this item despite my seller preferences explicitly preventing it.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Can you explain exactly how you are able to prevent anyone with 5 or less feedbacks from buying your merchandise? 

And, give this some thought:  If, way back in the beginning of eBay, if sellers had been able to do that, where would eBay be now?

Plus there is the fact that eBay rules are against such a tactic.  

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It's literally a selectable and configurable option under "Buyer Requirements." And it's there to prevent being defrauded by scammers.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@erzengelb,

You need to read the requirements more carefully. There is no way to block a member with 5 or fewer feedbacks from making a single purchase from your store.

You can block a member with 5 or fewer feedbacks from making more than one purchase in 10 days, but you can't block the first purchase.

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

lacemaker3_0-1688846953033.png

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@erzengelb wrote:

It's literally a selectable and configurable option under "Buyer Requirements." And it's there to prevent being defrauded by scammers.

Actually it is literally NOT select-able!

Go back to your settings and really read the part that you think you can do this.

You will find that you CANNOT block anyone by their feedback number. What you can do is block buyer with less than "x" feedback from  buying MORE that "y" items within a 10 day period.

It has NEVER been possible to block buyers with zero feedback and it never will be.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Sellers have NEVER been able to block a buyer with 0 feedback. The blocks are for unpaid strikes and years ago, for negative feedback.  It's been at least 10 years since buyers got negative feedback.   Do NOT assume that the 0 feedback buyer is bad. You and I both started at 0.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

IT's definitely NOT there. Never has been. I have been here since 1998.  There was never a ban on 0 feedback buyers.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Has this buyer paid you? If not ,do not send anymore invoices because it resets the clock.  See if you can report the buyer but if they paid, you are supposed to ship.  If they pay and you see it's the same name/address of the person that you banned months earlier, then definitely contact Ebay.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply