cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse over zoom feature not working?

Has this feature been disabled? It worked yesterday and now I notice it's gone from every listing I check. Not only mine but I have looked at others listings as well.

Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

Obviously not, four days later and problem on Ebay Australia is still there on any item. 😞 😞 😞 😞

Message 61 of 79
latest reply

The only browser I find it still works on is Internet Explorer.  It does not work on Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. 

Ebay is making so many idiotic changes to the way you search, My Ebay and Purchases.  All of it is horrible.  They took away the "All Lists" option and then put it back due to complaints.  I called ebay to complain myself and she, basically, said, "I'm sorry.  We no longer offer that."  Glad say it is back, but for how long?   Why would you make it so we watch less potential purchases??? 

Call ebay and complain.  It does works in large numbers.  I really don't know if they even know how to maintain a site.  They make a change and it screws up everything!

Message 62 of 79
latest reply

It quit working for me last night when trying to list an item.  I really like to use zoom to see how my photos will look in my listing, and may not list any more until it's fixed.

Message 63 of 79
latest reply

I have 2 computers and the Windows 7 one with Firefox 57.0 (64-bit) works fine with no issues and I can see zoomed pictures.  The other computer is Windows 10 Firefox 57.0 (64-bit) and I cannot see the zoomed pictues in the same auction that worked on Win7.

No idea why same auction works on one computer and not the other.

Message 64 of 79
latest reply

Do you have a Synaptics touch pad?

If yes, update to the latest Synaptics driver directly from synaptics instead of e.g. Lenovo/Microsoft. 

This solved the problem on my Lenovo.

Please post here if it works for you.

Message 65 of 79
latest reply

Iʻm using Firefox - just add two new items for sale - one has zoom working, the other does not. Uploaded minutes apart. Explain that one...
Message 66 of 79
latest reply

Probably there are 2 different bugs with mouseover:
1. On several websites in Firefox 52 and above, depending on multitouch, Windows and driver version.
2. Ebay specific problem with some items

@chuba: Can you provide a link where it works and one where it doesn't?
Message 67 of 79
latest reply

Works on IE but not Firefox...

Message 68 of 79
latest reply

So I just had this issue on a new listing.  Zoom didn't work in IE or Chrome.  I think the issue has to do with the size of the picture.  Not sure the exact numbers or specifications you need at a minimum but I use remote control software to control my camera.  In the software I have choices on picture size from small to large wih about 7 different size options between the extremes.  I had always used the Large setting but decided to try a Medium setting with the camera closer to the item I'm taking a picture of.  I listed the item so I could get a real indication of what my buyers would see and if it represented what I was selling accurately and found the zoom option was gone.  Meanwhile my other auctions still had the zoom option.  I found this post and tried the suggestions here with no luck.  I ended my auction and relisted the auction with new pictures using the Large setting from my software and the Zoom option was there.  As for people's existing listings losing the Zoom option I have no idea, maybe Ebay is reducing photo size or picture quality to save on storage space?  But for new listings this worked for me.

Edit:  I left one of the pictures taken at the Medium setting in the listing and the zoom option is not available for that picture.  But works for the other pictures.

Message 69 of 79
latest reply

I have found I was using email quality pictures with no zoom feature. I increased the size and , hey- presto, I had the zoom feature back.

Message 70 of 79
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
@daneiacwrote:

it all has to do with the size of the photos you upload, too small, and the magnifier will not work..

Wrong answer regarding amount of pixels. I am using Chrome and the zoom feature does not work. If I open Explorer, Viola! Zoom works. EBay and Chrome do not play nice.

Message 71 of 79
latest reply

Hi,

I don't find any driver on Synaptics. I should take that from the nootebook manufactur.

I have a Lenovo notebook with Synaptics touchpad. My touchpads driver version is 16.6.4.13 and I have the same issue as described here.

Where can I become a newer driver?
Message 72 of 79
latest reply

Hi,

I don't find any driver on Synaptics. I should take that from the nootebook manufactur.

I have a Lenovo notebook with Synaptics touchpad. My touchpads driver version is 16.6.4.13 and I have the same issue as described here.

Where can I become a newer driver?

Message 73 of 79
latest reply

It seems Synaptics removed the downloads from their homepage.

Driver version needed is 19.0.19.1

But you can get it e.g. here:

http://www.chip.de/downloads/Synaptics-TouchPad-Treiber-fuer-Windows-10_46919032.html

Message 74 of 79
latest reply

Sorry but this is NOT the issue here. Yesterday it worked fine (first time in AGES) today its gone again. I use Chrome.
Message 75 of 79
latest reply