cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile-friendly checker taking way too long

For the last few weeks when editing or creating a new listing, this feature takes a long time to update.

It takes a few minutes, the circle just spins. I have to keep closing it and start again, sometimes 5 or 6 times. This is with "new listings" and "sell similar". 

MobileChecker.png

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Mobile-friendly checker taking way too long

@*coins wrote:

Hi there, everyone.

All you need to do is click the html button at the top of your description, and add this html tag in at the top. It is the same thing as clicking ‘fix it for me’.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
<style>img{max-width:100%;height:auto;}</style>

Great, now we have to program the index ourselves. It worked though, thank you!  

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

This is a 2 pronged problem.  First you hit the mobile friendly checker on the listing page and then you get the loading circle or if you're lucky enough to get the fix it for me link, again you get the loading circle.  I've managed to get a handful of listings up today, but it's a PITA 90% of the time as I have to keep clicking and closing and clicking again.  This is an enormous time waster. The System Announcements" needs to admit this problem already!!!

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

ok,, i can't take it anymore..i'm calling ebay and going to request a credit for this months store subscribtion.. that's the least they could do.  i'll let you all know if they agree.

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

@shipscripthas some suggestions on issues with the eBay Mobile Friendly Checker and some workarounds to get the same results that the checker does. Please read this topic.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Replacing-Active-Content/Circumventing-eBay-s-Mobile-Checker/m-p/28350...

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

Exactly. It takes many, many minutes, up to 20, for the process to error out completley or actually show the "fix it for me" option. If you are lucky enough to get "fix it for me", the process then continues to spin without ever resolving or fixing the issue. 1 out of 8 tries, the process actually completes and fixes the issue. But by then, 45 minutes has gone by.

If it failed each time? Close the checker. Start the mobile checker again.  Pray to the eBay gods. Eventually, list without mobile friendliness anyway, because you need to get listings live. Cry into your keyboard. 

1) Dearest eBay, please fix your checker. It is adding hours onto our listing times and should take under a minute, tops.

2) Please upgrade the mobile checker so you can batch check listings. I have under 200 items currently and cannot imagine how much time I would have to waste if I needed to go through thousands of individual listings to check if they need updating for mobile viewing. Sellers sales pay you, eBay, the better our listings are, the more money you make, so, please keep your tools working for us...and you.

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

@radikalresale

You can batch check your listings here to see if they are mobile friendly:

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/MobileSizeChecker.htm

The tool will identify listings that don't fit, but won't fix them.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 36 of 42
latest reply

Grrrrrrrr.  Very frustrating.  Still taking was too long.  FIX IT, PLEASE.

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

it is not working for me either!

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

Ugh, still getting the spinning circle of 'loading' death here...

I pride myself on patience most days, but this is getting a bit frustrating trying to do listings that usually only take me 2 mins max.  Smiley Mad

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

Thank you, that is helpful. 

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

Still broken!!!!

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

What is going on. this feature takes a long time to update. It takes a few minutes, the circle just spins. I have to keep closing it and start again, sometimes 5 or 6 times. This is with "new listings" and "sell similar" Then it times itself out "Something went wrong. Please try again
Message 42 of 42
latest reply