cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile app stopped working simultaneously on iPhone and iPad

Mobile app stopped working on all devices.

Getting any one of 6 different error messages when I try to do anything - these error messages range from SSL issue to EBNDomain to lost connectivity.

Phone support is a joke. 

What's going on here?

Edit: Yes, app uninstalled and reinstalled - won't even go past login page - gives same errors

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Mobile app stopped working simultaneously on iPhone and iPad

pokesavvy26
Rising Star

Exact same issue here except the app works on my iPad but not on my iPhone 5. It was working fine earlier today but been down about an hour or so. Perfect timing since I have several items selling currently...

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Same here. I uninstalled, re-installed, and the app is giving me the identical problem. If I go to ebay through safari, I can navigate, but still can't sign in. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I've been Googling for troubleshooting and I think it's evident it's eBay's issue. I visited downdetector.com and their graph is crazy...lots of issues within the last few hours. Someone commented mentioned they are making changes come tomorrow and my guess is that's likely why if it's true. In other words, it looks like it's a waiting game...

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Same thing for me, EBAY phone support has no idea.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Error messages SSL errors can not connect to domain all as of 4/30/2018 7pm ish app was uninstalled then reinstalled with zero change other than now I can't even get passed the login page. Anybody now what's going on??? Can't get through to eBay app support on phonebwas on hold for over an hour and gave up.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

This sucks  just bought a hundred items and working out details and then

same problem problem with my iPhone 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

pokesavvy26
Rising Star

My app seems to be working currently...

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

To all,

This issue is in front of the app developers. They have not yet responded.

Note: When you do a uninstall and reinstall of the app on any mobile device, you need to restart the device after the uninstall, before you reinstall.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

If your eBay app on your iPhone, iPad stops responding, follow these general steps to get help:

1. Force quit the app
2. Restart your device
3. Check for updates
4. Delete and reinstall the app

Some relevant iPhone app not working tips could be found on this page

Message 10 of 10
latest reply