cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my messages that I had saved in individual, separate, labeled folders are now empty. No content at all  .

As well as my purchase history is 90% gone . Why? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay only keeps most messages for the last ninety days or so. Have your messages forwarded to an email address if you want to keep archives of old messages. You can add an email address in your Communication Preferences under Delivery Options.

Your purchase history defaults to the last sixty days on a desktop browser, but you should be able to select the current year or either of the two most recently completed calendar years.

You can request a report of your purchases by date range here:

https://www.sarweb.ebay.com/sar

Reports take a week to generate and the link must be used within a week of being made available or else it expires. Report info includes item name and number, date, seller username, price and shipping. No pictures or descriptions.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

See that's the problem, I was able to move messages into a folder and that folder kept them longer than the 90days but those are now gone. I know about sending copies to email. 

And the purchase history which was extensive, now is practically null.  I changed nothing. It's like I started all over again.  The information also included my returns, my refunds, etc. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I was able to move messages into a folder and that folder kept them longer than the 90days

Moving a message to a folder on your eBay messages page does not prevent eBay from deleting messages after a certain amount of time. If you want to keep a record of your messages, do so outside of eBay.

And the purchase history which was extensive, now is practically null. I changed nothing.

Make sure you have not signed in to a different eBay account. Check your feedback to make sure your recent and past feedback is shown; if not, you are likely not signed in to the same account.

If you are sure you are signed in to the same account, use the link above to request your eBay transaction data by date range.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply